Oath Ceremony Question

RSV

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

In the oath letter they ask us to bring "Any immigration documents you may have".

Any idea what these documents are? Please advise. Thanks.

RSV,
I think they need all the immigration documents such as Passport to verify your trips in case you took one after the interview.
As far as my information is concerned, all you need is your green card and Drivers license ( may be your passport for id).
Let me know what you think??
CD

Thanks to sssnayak and CD for your comments.

I am planning on taking the GC, DL, oath letter, and passport. If you think I need any more documents, please let me know. I guess I will find out tomorrow. Thanks.

To: RSV and everybody who is interested in this topic:

Couple of months ago I completed my Oath Ceremony. By immigration documents they mean:

Green Card
Work permit card
passport type immigration document (white color passport type) and there are many other types of documents.

You just take every document issued by USCIS/BCIS or INS to your oath ceremony.

If you get any traffic ticket between interview and oath, take with you the payment reciept or whatever document you have.

Any trips abrod between interview and oath, take your passport or copy of airline ticket.

Remember they don't collect your old passport from you. They only collect Green Card or any other immigration document issued by them. It is your choice what to do with your old passport.

Practice your signatures before you go. You will sign your full name on the Certificate of Naturlization.

Good luck RSV and to all who are waiting/going for the Oath/interview.

God Bless America

Remember they don't collect your old passport from you. They only collect Green Card or any other immigration document issued by them. It is your choice what to do with your old passport.
If you are from India, you are supposed to return in to Indian Consulate/Embassy

Originally posted by chanakya101
If you are from India, you are supposed to return in to Indian Consulate/Embassy
Actually, Indian consulate 'Cancels' the passport and returns it back.

Finally! We are US citizens.

Thanks for everyone's help.

They just need GC, oath letter, and any other INS/BCIS issued documents like reentry permits (white color passport like document), etc.

Oath ceremony went fine. There were a total of 100 people naturalized at our ceremony. The whole process took around 2 hours (11:30AM - 1:30PM).

Good luck to everyone else.

Next, need to apply for US passport and Indian visa/PIO (haven't decided which way to go yet). Any advise from the group?

Thanks again and good luck!

RSV,
Congratulations!!!
11:30 - 1:30 means you went quite early as you were asked to come by 12:00 PM. Should we all go early??
CD

Believe it or not but we were actually late compared to other people. When we got there the line was already super long. I would estimate that approx 60% of the people were in front of us.

Thanks.

RSV

RSV

can u please post which district office you applied. Also please post the contents in the Letter. I received Oath Letter. Does the letter has like 'Thursday March18 2004". Does it has day of the week and with month and year expanded. please post your comments

Manoj Varma

sssnayak - interview letter

do you have your interview letter yet? I remember you posting that your case status had disappeared recently

Yes, I did get the interview letter within a week. I had updated the thread where I had asked you. Interview is scheduled on Apr 28, 2004. I hope you got yours too.

Congratulations - thats the fastest processing time Ive seen in Arlington yet! Im still in the regular queue, it looks like - another 6-8 months to go.

Last edited by a moderator: