Oath Ceremony In Philadelphia

wavelet

Hello Everyone!

My citizenship application is handled by the Philadelphia Distric Office. I received the notice of oath ceremony. The notice says that the location for the ceremony is 1600 Callowhill Street (i.e. USCIS Philadelphia District Office). My understanding is that the oath ceremony should be in a court room in front of a federal judge. In Philadelphia, that is US District Court for the Eastern Distric of PA. Would someone please comment on this? Is 1600 Callowhill Street the correct location for oath ceremony in Phila?

Thanks a lot!

Wavelet

All my friends who had taken oath in Newark NJ, did it in the INS office. I will check again and let you know

Wavelet...congratulations on your upcoming oath ceremony. From what I understand, a judge does perform the oath but not generally in a court.

Please let us know your timeline. There are some very anxious Philadelphians who are waiting for interviews and would be interested in knowing how long this process is currently taking.

Thanks so much

Wavelet, Please let us know your timeline. I am one of those from Philly eagarly waiting for my turn. Thanks