Registered Users (C)
My details are:
Mailed application to Nebraska Service Center: 7/9/07
Application Date: 7/11/07
Priority Date: 7/11/07
Fingerprint: 8/27/07
Interview Date (In Indianapolis USCIS Office): 1/04/08

Now waiting for the Oath Ceremony.

Can someone tell me when the next one is or how to get the schedule? Have to go to India in March for a couple of weeks, so it'll suck if it's scheduled during that time.

yoshodeep:

You can call the Court House. They will give you all the dates for the oath ceremonies scheduled in the next few months. I attended the ceremony on 1/24.

Good Luck.

Hello,

Today, I called USCIS 1-800 number and I spoke with the next level of the customer service which is IO. He told me that they already sent the oath letter appointment for me, so he said that I should receive the letter in a few days. Good News from USCIS.

Thanks

Oath date dependent on Interview date?

Just wondering if the oath taking date is dependent on the priority date or the interview date.

Naturalization Oath schedule - Indy

Thanks for the info Xaleadu!
Just called the couthouse and found out the schedule in Indy for February and March.
2/7
2/21
3/6
3/20
Given that they had one on 1/24, it seems like they're having it every two weeks, at least for the time being.

Great info, thanks for posting.

I'm interested to know how things went for your interview in Indianapolis?
Can you post?

I have my interview coming up there in March
How long did the process take? Says on the paper it could be 2 hours?

Interview Experience

Area51,

My interview was pretty uneventful (just the way I wanted it!). Office Walker called me in after a wait of around 15 min, and it was over in less than 5 mins. He first asked me to be under oath, then asked a couple of super simple english questions. The civics questions were simple enough as well (3-4 in number). Did not ask for any documentation, and just handed me back the approval form.

And that was that.

Oath Letter

My oath letter just arrived. Scheduled on 3/20.
Overall timetable is just over 8 months (since application mailed)

Called and got the upcoming dates for April, May and June:
Thursdays
April 3rd, 17th
May 8th, 22nd
June 5th, 19th

Xelaedu,

What other documentation did you take with you for your oath ceremony apart from the filled-in questionnaire and your green card?

I took my binder (what I took for the Interview). Didnt need it. Just needed the GC and Questionnaire. For the questionnaire, dont sign it until you are there for the ceremony.

It's over, at last!

After dealing with the INS/BCIS/USCIS for over 7 years, at last it's done.

Attended the Citizenship Oath Ceremony in Indy (Ben Davis High School). 193 new citizens sworn in (origianlly from India, Mexico, Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, China, UK etc), ceremony lasting for around 2 hours.

Citizenship timeline:

N-400 Received by USCIS (Nebraska Service Center): 7/11/07
Notice Date: 7/19/07
Fingerprint Date: 8/27/07
Interview: 1/4/08
Citizenship Oath Ceremony: 3/20/08
Passport Applied: 3/20/08
Passport Received: TBD

Oath ceremony letter recd

Called and got the upcoming dates for April, May and June:
Thursdays
April 3rd, 17th
May 8th, 22nd
June 5th, 19th

Hey Area51
I have more or less the same date as yours. Got my oath ceremony letter last week. Scheduled for 6/19.....thought I'll let you know....:)

Wife took the oath in Indianapolis in July.
Thought I'd post some info if someone else needs it.

The courthouse is in the middle of downtown. You'll need to pay to park, probably in a parking lot or garage, somewhere near the courthouse, then walk across the road. Expect to pay $5-$12 for parking. Plan an extra 10-15 minutes to deal with the parking issues there, plus 4-5 minutes to get through security and find the courtroom.

Security at the door requires a photo id to get in.
If someone is coming along with you, be sure they have it too.

We came in late due to arriving late, plus the parking time etc.
But there were so many in the room it didn't matter.
We went up to the next floor and found the courtroom in the back of the building.

There were 60+ getting the oath that day, they called each up to check in and take a seat in the front of the room. That process took a long time, then at the end people that came in after their name was called were allowed to check in. It was about 40 minutes before the Judge came in.

After saying some things, the judge allowed the spectators that wanted to to come to the front and take pictures, they stayed there during the whole process.
About 15 speakers came up to speak and welcome the new citizens, representatives from politician offices, government agencies (Social Security) and DAR (daughters of the american revolution), presented flags, plus a group gave a flag to the oldest new citizen, (she had tears in her eyes when they handed it to her)

After all the speaches and greetings and the oath done, then the new citizens filed back to get some paperwork, get some Social security information updated etc, before they could leave. It was around 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours in all before we were out of there.

The new citizens were all different nationalities, about 4-5 from Mexico, 4-5 from India, 2 from Canada, 2-3 from Europe and the rest from all around.

Hope the info is useful to someone.

Last edited by a moderator: