Oath ceremony in Boston

Volvo7

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My oath ceremony will be held in Faneuil Hall in Boston.

My oath ceremony letter says the ceremony starts at 12 noon and lasts for about 3 hours.

What is there to do for 3 hours? Can someone who has attended the oath ceremony in Boston please let me know what takes place, where exactly it is held, etc. Thanks.

Hello,

Can anyone provide any input on this? I was under the impression that in the oath ceremony, everyone would have to stand up and recite the oath of alleigance and then the presiding official(s) would give you your Certificate of Naturalization. Surely, 3 hours is too long for this.

Input, anyone?

My oath ceremony appointment (at Columbus) began at 8:00am. The officer seated all the petitioners, then went over the forms we had completed (regarding re-entry permits, trips outside the country, etc.) One by one, she had us go forward, and conducted our final interview. Then we went over to another officer, who showed us our naturalization certificates, and change of name documents. She had us check them for accuracy, then had us sign them. We were also given a chance to ask any questions. Then we were allowed to leave the room for a short break, and meet up with family and friends. At 9:30am, we went back to the room, and we were told what to expect at the actual oath ceremony. Then we filed out, and entered the grand courtroom. Shortly afterwards, family and friends were ushered in, and the ceremony began. After being sworn in as citizens, we were handed our naturalization certificates and name change documents. We also handed in our voter registration cards at that time. I think it was over by about 10:20am.

So, as you can see, there was a lot going on before the actual ceremony. It took the officer a while to check over the forms of all 49 of us. It was a beautiful ceremony, though. I hope yours will be as memorable!

All the best!

one thing for sure, you would not need to stand for all 3-hrs session. :D

I went thru my oath ceremony. we had 902 people attented. we waited in lines outside of the oath place for almost an hr. ( i arrived there around 6:45am, and we were getting into the place around 7:40am for 8am ceremony). we were only asked to "check-in" and return the green card. we did not get a chance to review the naturalization cert BEFORE the ceremony started.

we went into the ceremony, be seated, then the register's office started to give out the form to fill out for voting; then USPS started to give out forms for passports. judge came in around 915am or so then we all started the actual ceremony, no breaks during the ceremony thou.

then after the ceremony was over, we went to pick up our naturalization cert. we asked to check, check, and recheck the info.
long story short, it took around 2 hrs for the ceremony. if you are going to a big ceremony, (some of them will have 3500 people to attend) it will take you a while to get in, and get out.

I my case (last week at San Jose, CA), it took atleast 30mins or more to seat 100 people in a room. We got seated in sequence as that way it made it easier to distribute the certificate at the end of ceremony. Then 10min speech followed by 10-15min or so for actual oath stuff. Then another officer came and talked about how to apply for passport etc. The whole thing took maybe 2 hrs. You only stand for 15min most and i think they can makde accomodations if you can't do that.