Oath ceremony: Family and Guests ???

rwsh

Registered Users (C)
I got my oath letter today. Yipee !!!!!

Pls advise:

1) how many family/guests are allowed (San Antonio) ???
2) Time for me is 11:45 am; ceremony @ 2 pm. Do family/guests have to be there that early?

Many thanks as always for any advice received !!!!

p.s. jackets/ties (male) and dresses (female) for ALL attendees !!!!!

In Dallas (at two ceremonies (my wife's + mine)) there was no checking of guests. In Dallas, they don't give you two times, they'd just tell you that the ceremony is at 11:45. As a result, everyone shows up early and waits (and waits, and waits).

I would imagine that they could show up shortly before 2 - but, if seating is limited.

Congrats - you are in the final stage now. Don't get a DUI or do something monumentally stupid. I spent the month between my interview and my oath ceremony driving at or slightly below the speed limit and exagerating every stop at every stop sign :)

I've not heard of any DO that limits the number of guests, however most people seem to bring no more than 2 or 3.

I find it interesting that a specific dress code was stipulated. On my wife and my notices it simply said "appropriate attire required", which of course left the field wide open for the anything goes crowd.

Congrats!

I got my oath letter today. Yipee !!!!!

Pls advise:

1) how many family/guests are allowed (San Antonio) ???
2) Time for me is 11:45 am; ceremony @ 2 pm. Do family/guests have to be there that early?

Many thanks as always for any advice received !!!!

p.s. jackets/ties (male) and dresses (female) for ALL attendees !!!!!

Congrats rwsh!!!!!

What is the date of oath ceremony...?

Thanks to all of you. Sorry ... should have posted my timeline:

Regional office: Mesquite, Texas
Local office: San Antonio, Texas

• 28th July 06: N-400 application mailed
• 7th August 06: Resubmitted with correct check (first check based on incorrect data on USCIS web site)
• 9th August 06: Priority Date and Application Number issued (& check cashed)
• 15th August 06: Fingerprint (FP) notification (6 days from Priority Date). Missed FP date due to absence from town
• 31st August 06: Request to reschedule FP
• 5th September 06: Proactive visit to the FP office as a “walk-in” (27 days from Priority Date)
• 20th April 07: Notice to attend interview (227 days from FP; 254 days from Priority Date). Note: file was not removed from USCIS status site.
• 9th May 07: Interview. N-400 application approved subject to supervisor’s review (normal condition). (273 days from Priority Date, 19 days from interview letter).
• 31st May 07: Oath letter (295 days from Priority Date, 22 days from interview).
• 28th June 07: Oath (323 days from Priority Date, 28 days from oath letter).
• ?????: Passport application.
• ?????: Passport received.

Lessons learned:

1. For most applicants, I believe that the system works and that the USCIS has the vision of being an efficient and customer-focused government department. However the process is, for most of us, incredibly slow and frustrating.
2. My situation has meant that the application process has not been difficult. No lawyer was needed. However, I might use a lawyer for complex situations.
3. Be prepared for the USCIS to operate faster than you might have assumed. If away from town do not have the post office hold mail but have friend/relative receive mail and open all USCIS communications.
4. In emergencies, just showing up at the FP office as a “walk-in” does work.
5. As this forum has indicated, removal of the case status, or lack thereof, from the USCIS website is not a reliable indicator that the interview letter is imminent.
6. Be well prepared at interview time with back-up data for residency, overseas travel, tax, traffic violations, etc. etc. (see Sticky and other posts on this site).