Oath Ceremony Date in Delaware?

Kikilux

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for years and all your postings help me navigate the complex and lenghty US immigration process. So, thanks to all who have shared their experiences.

I am almost at the end of the process and was suprised to find out there were so many issues with Oath Letters and the whole scheduling by USCIS and/or the courts.

I passed the interview an 11/03 and the IO advised me to expect a letter for the December or at the latest the January ceremony.
For planning purposes, I called the Wilmington court to get the oath dates and was told nothing has been scheduled yet for next year.
Then I read the following article on the washingtonpost's site and it made me very nervous.

If you are also waiting for an oath date, join me and we can submit a group request to the court though our senator's office.

Some Judges Delay Swearing-In Of New Citizens, Report Says
Immigration Ombudsman Says Money Is Motivation
By Spencer S. Hsu
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, December 18, 2008; Page A23

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/17/AR2008121703361.html

I just read your posting. Have you received your oath letter yet? When?
I past the interview on 2/27/09 and still waiting for the oath letter. I was supposed to take oath in Wilmington, DE. I will like to join in your group request.
Thanks

baba11,
I had my interview just yesterday on 5/13/2010 . Yes I am DE resident

My officer said that there is Oath Ceremony in Wilmington on June 2nd and if I don't get on that batch then it would be on 2nd Sept .

My wife had different officer and she asked her to take oath in Philly on May 26th . My wife insisted to take it along with me so she also got moved to Wilmington . Late evening I thinking this is not right .. and finding now that it takes for ever in DE region ..

nishu,

I and my wife ha interview two months ago in philly but officer never offere to take oath in philly. officer said that you are DE resident and you have to take oath in wilmington. you an your wife had good offer to take oath in philly because it takes very long time in delaware. hope we receive oath letter for June,3 otherwise we need to wait four months. please post if you get oath letter. so far nobody receive oath letter for june,3 ceremony as I read threads.

baba11,

I did not had offer to take Philly offer - I went interview before my wife .
My wife had offer - but she refused because she did not wanted her to go alone in Philly
Now seems we are stuck .. well I hope we get June 3rd letter .. There is still time especially when I see your other thread where people got letter just a week before . I'll post it when I get letter .
BTW what does your case status says https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do
Mine still says "Testing & Interview"

nishu,

mine also shows "Testing & Interview" . they never update after this so don't check it anymore. hope we get oath letter soon.

nishu,

I didn't get my oath letter for June,3. I am waiting and waiting. If anybody from delaware get oath letter for June,3 please post it here.

Hi, I just got my oath letter at clayton hall, university of Delaware on June 3rd.

My interview was at the begining of April, but at that time, I was not reaching my 5 year limit which was 2 weeks away, so there is no decision at that time.

Also is that ture, if you don't reveive the letter for June 3rd, you have to wait until Sep for next one?

My online status was not changed after I got the oath letter.

I got my oath letter too

i had my interview on 5/12 . Got letter for oath on 3rd June at UDEL . I hope everyone waiting must have got it today or should be getting it in tomorrow's mail

congrats yrwp2005GC and nishu,

I and my wife had interview in philly on March but still we didn't receive oath letter. hope we get it today. if we don't get it, we have to wait until Sep because there is no oath ceremony for summer in DE.

by the way, is there any phone number in oath letter to reach an officer and talk to them ?

Hi Baba11,

I had my interview on 03/31/10 .. and waiting for the oath letter.. will keep you posted when i receive one.

I and my wife had interview in philly on March but still we didn't receive oath letter. hope we get it today. if we don't get it, we have to wait until Sep because there is no oath ceremony for summer in DE.

by the way, is there any phone number in oath letter to reach an officer and talk to them ?

Oath Letter Received on May 20th 2010

My husband and I took interview on Apr. 5th at Philly (Decision can not be made, due to many small trips outside of the country and need verification), and just got Oath letter yesterday for 9:45am June 3rd at UD. Anyone know how long could the ceremony take? I have an early afternoon appointment conflict see if need to reschedule that.

Called USCIS earlier, they don't udpate online normally since the OL is sent out by local office. The rep suggested though if 3 months after interview you don't have a OL, call them and they can push local office to issue one for you.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
baba11,
I'll check and let you know tonite .

I got my oath letter for oath ceremony in UD on June,03 today. I had interview on 4/12 in philly. but unfortunately my wife still didn't get her letter. it is intersting that my wife had interview in 03/10 almost a month before my interview but I got oath letter but she didn't. hope she get her oath letter soon too. good luck to everybody and see you in UD next month.

baba11,
Great - I came here to tell that I could not find any number on letter and glad to hear that you don't need it .