Oath Ceremony @ Cincinnati

usics123

I have my oath ceremony today at Cincinnati District Court House in front of a judge. It was a wonderful well organized ceremony!

But..

I had applied for a name change(last name) and my naturalization certificate was in my new name(correct spelling) but that's all I got... no court decree etc saying my name was changed

When I took this naturalization certificate to the local DMV they said they cant issue me a new license because my old last name was not on the naturalization certificate!
:confused:
Help!

Can somebody tell me what do I do? Go to USCIS or go back to the court house?

Anybody in the same situation?

CIS doesn't hand out the name change certificates at the oath ceremony. You should receive a a copy of the in the mail in about one week. If you changed your name because of marriage, you might be able to get a new license without having to wait for the name change paper if you take in your marriage certificate.

Congratulations!
Is the court located in Cincinnati downtown also?Do you know the phone number of the court? so I can find the oath date in September.Thanks.

Anyone knows the oath date in september or october in cincinnati or other cities in ohio.I know there are two dates scheduled in dayton,that are Sept.4 and Oct.9.
Thanks.

Hi,

Did you finally get the court order. Was it mailed to you or did you have to go back to the court house to get a copy?
How much time did it take for you to get the court order?

Thank you

Congratulations for your oath, too bad you got your last name dispelled, but everything will be just fine, one question, why did you change your name?