Oath Ceremony 02/02 in Baltimore?

HBMD

Registered Users (C)
HI All,

Since the day I started to collect my documents to apply for my N 400, I was checking this forum quietly. It has been an invaluable site to visit for me. Thank you all!!!!!!

I hope you will excuse me for my inpatience. My quesion is not that big of a deal but I just want to know my chance. I am scheduled for an an interview on 02/02. Now I am trying to figure out if I have a chance of getting same day oath. MY appointment is early in the morning. Is there anyone who has an apoointment for oath ceremony on 02/02 in Baltimore? Or Is there anyone who knows how often oath adminstered at Baltimore site?

THanks again.

There are no same day oaths in Baltimore DO.
If everything is in order and you are recommended for approval, it will be between 30-60 days to be scheduled for a Oath ceremony.

you know for sure there is no same-day-oath at Baltimore DO? Or you have never seen someone who got it the same day?

@HBMD
I am also scheduled for an interview in 02/02/2011 8:00 AM. I am not sure if they have the same day oath cermony and also it depeneds on your Fifth or third year aniversary mark. But really, focus on passing the interview first...

There are no same day oaths in Baltimore DO.
If everything is in order and you are recommended for approval, it will be between 30-60 days to be scheduled for a Oath ceremony.

Name,

Please stop giving people inaccurate information, a simple Google search would have you to lead you learn from this forum, about a billion people take same day oath in Baltimore,MD. Only a small fraction of people wait 30-60 days for oath ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Baltimore, MD has same day office for all candidates who passes their N400 adjudications and don't have to submit any additional information. For example, if the anniversary of your 3 or 5 year green card issuance is in the future after your interview date, you WILL NOT be sworn-in on the same day. However, if your interview date is past the anniversary of your green card issuance (3 or 5 years) and your interview is early in the morning, then you stand a superb chance of being naturalized with the same day ceremony.

Biruk, you have a good chance of being sworn-in during the noon ceremony.

HDM, I am not sure what time your interview is, and it seems as if there is one or two ceremonies in Baltimore, MD.

I successfully interviewed for my naturalization on Oct 28th, and my anniversary was Oct 31, and I received my oath notice on Nov 9th, for swearing-in on Nov 19th, 2010. Hardly 30 or 60 days..:)

Biruk- mine is at 9 am. I don't see any reason why my interview won't be smooth. That is why I am thinking of same day oath.

AL - Thanks for the info. I applied under the 3 yr rule and I am already in the 4th year with solid documents. I don't mind if they take their time but you know it would be nice. I know I know it is just being impatient.

Thanks!

Biruk- mine is at 9 am. I don't see any reason why my interview won't be smooth. That is why I am thinking of same day oath.

AL - Thanks for the info. I applied under the 3 yr rule and I am already in the 4th year with solid documents. I don't mind if they take their time but you know it would be nice. I know I know it is just being impatient.

Thanks!

You guys will do well and hope you are sworn-in on the same day. Just make sure you arrive early because parking in downtown can be hard, especially in the morning.

did my interview

I just came from my interview. I arrived 45 minutes before my scheduled time. There were many people and I was called around 20 minutes later than my time. I was sitting there for more than an hour. Finally I was called. Nice woman. JUst before I sat she asked to raise my hand and swear to tell the truth. I did. She asked for my passports, green card and driver license. She quickly went through my application joking about some answers ... my work and baby.. Then the civic questions - six of them were done in a minute. She asked me to read a statement and asked me to write another short statement. She asked me to sign my pictures.

Finally she said congratulations. I have passed everything. She said she would have me take the oath today but since I am asking a name change, it will have to be done in a court. Then the natural question is how long am I going to wait for a court oath. She said she doesn't know how long it is right now. She guessed around 45 days.

She said congratulations again and off I left.

Thank you all!!

I had my interview in Baltimore on 1/26/2011 at 10:20 am, plus about 45 minutes I spent in the waiting room. I passed, and was recommended for approval, but my 5 year anniversary isn't until today. The officer told me that if that hadn't been the case, she would have gotten me into the next oath ceremony that day.

Oath letter

As you can see my interview was on 02/02. Today I got the letter for oath on 02/14. Fast!!

hi i am new to this site!!!had my interview on april 6,passed and successful but could not do same day oath due to time of interview(missed the cut off for the 3p oath),therefore, decided to do the name change since i wuld have to wait for the oath letter anyway. well now i am starting to get seriously anxious as i found out there is a ceremony this coming friday, april 22nd whidh i would definitely like to be a part of. have travel scheduled for may3rd and would like to be all done with us passport in hand for that trip.
i am praying perhaps monday or tuesday latest for that letter?