Meeting in OALAND. CA at 1301 Clay st

i have had my citizenship interview few days ago on August 28
and completed the history test and all the verification of the information
filled on my N-400.
i have received a pre-approval letter pending final approval
the final approval has to be made upon receiving more documentation
which i have provided the next day.
much to my surprise, i have submitted the necessary documents such as
deed of the house , proof of helath insurance, and auto , bank statements and so on...
i have mailed the whole thing certified priority on the 30th of august
and it was delivered on the 1st sep.
the problem is that they initialized the green returned receipt and did not
put any name of the person who received it/ signed it off.

i usually send the same thing to them and get the USCIS stamp as receipt with date, this time i am not sure
and the problem is that there is no phone number to follow up
does anyone know what is the best to do
i have till sep 29th to supply paperworks and i did it way before that as they have it all now.
VERY SURPRISING .....
:eek: :confused:
FJ

This is my situation. Hope someone here can help me -

My interview date is April 15 07 @ oakland INS office. I have planned for my india trip and am leaving on April 17 07. I never expected that the interview letter would come so early.

1. Is oath ceremony the same day as the interview ? ( Hope not ).
2. Will I have an opportunity to choose my oath ceremony date ?
3. Is it ok to travel to India between Interview and oath ceremony.

Thanks in advance.

Here is my rought time line...

Dec 23, 2006 Sent N-400 application via USPS Express mail
Dec 26, 2006 Application reached USINS Laguna Niguel, CA
Jan 7, 2006 Priority Date/ Receipt Date
Jan 18, 2007 Letter received from USINS with Priority Date as 01/07
Feb 5, 2007 Fingerprinting Letter received
Feb 20, 2007 Finger printing
Mar 03, 2007 Interview Letter Notice Date
Mar 21, at 1301 Clay St. Oakland, CA

My interview experience:

My wife and I reached the interview center 10 minutes late since the direction google provided was wrong:-( So, we were a bit worried. Please plan on reaching the place half an hour earlier as you have to find parking and then walk to the building, clear security etc. Since we were late by 10 minutes, we were only called half an hour later.

Both my wife and I have clean records - No legal issues including traffic tickets and no money owed to Uncle Sam and no long term travel abroad. So, we were pretty confident. We only took the following documents:

1. Passports
2. Greencards
3. Social Security Numbers
4. Last three year tax returns (not notarised)
5. 4 additional photographs earch.
6. Employment verification letters.
7. Drivers license

We didn't need 4,5 & 6 during the interview. USCIS only asked for the documents they asked us to bring.

The interview was a pleasant experience. It only lasted 10 minutes or so. However, the officer went through every question I had answered (yes or no).What impressed me most was that the officers were trained to catch anomolies quickly. For example, I had mentioned in my passport that I had worked for HP for 10 years, but they noted that my Green Card was processed through Compaq. I clarified that HP acquired Compaq. Similarly, I was asked regarding when I got married, I said Jan 20th. However, the marriage certificate we got from India was for Jan 21st. I had to explain the reason. But, this was not held against me. I was asked 10 civic questions that I answered. I was asked why I wanted to become a US citizen - I said "for travel reasons" and the officer wanted me to write this in the application (This is to test your english writing ability!).

At the end, I was told that I had no suppliments (no additional information needed). I had to pick an Oath date among three choices. I had to pick a date and wait outside for another 15 minutes or so. Both of us received the Oath letter for the same day. That is it.

Interview Questions

For interview, Is reading the book given after finger printing sufficient or do we need to cover more.

thanks

Health insurance

Hi,

i noted that one person about an year ago was asked for proof of health insurance and house deed etc. Any such recent experiences? My IL doesn't ask for any of them.

thanks!

Is there anyone that has recently interviewed at oakland office? Can you please give us the details regarding your interview?

Thanks,
Manita

End of March: Sent N-400 application via USPS Express mail
End of April: Fingerprinting Letter received
May 10th: Finger printing
May End: Interview Letter Notice Date
July 19th: Interview date
Oath: ???