• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

o.net 2years training does it mean am not qualify

seaman20

Registered Users (C)
please i need some clearity here. Job requirement says you must have atleast min of 2year training. But am apply for a security job becos thats what am doing presently and that what i can defend anytime. Does this mean am not qualify becos my job as a security officer does not require 2years training. Please i need someone to explain better.

please i need some clearity here. Job requirement says you must have atleast min of 2year training. But am apply for a security job becos thats what am doing presently and that what i can defend anytime. Does this mean am not qualify becos my job as a security officer does not require 2years training. Please i need someone to explain better.

Do you have a high school diploma? If yes, you qualify, no need to read any further.

If you don't have a high school diploma, you need at least one of the following:

- 2 years of experience in an occupation that, by U.S. Department of Labor O*Net Online Database definitions, requires at least two years of training

- 2 years of experience in an occupation that, by U.S. Department of Labor O*Net Online Database definitions, is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.

The kind of job that you want to do once you are in the US, does not matter. It's the job that you had before you came to the US that matters.

The Problem is, the job you do now should be categorized in the o net and IT HAS TO BE Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.

I highly doubt a 'security officer' job would fulfill that requirement !!

Are you a DV 12 winner?
You MAY try but it will sure be a waste of time and money.
Ppl in much higher job categories had been denied in the past.

DV through no Hi Scl. but JOB ONLY is V. V. Difficult !

Best!

Last edited by a moderator: