O-1 Visa

Francisco Garcia

Registered Users (C)
Any physician on a O-1 Visa petition?
Any from NY? I\'m on a J-1 visa trying to switch to O-1. I need help on advisory opinion. All information appreciated.

No Title

To obtain an O-1 visa you have to prove your extraordinary ability. Most of the people obtaining O-1 visas are those who went through fellowship, did some research, etc. You need to provide several letters of recommendation from different institutions from people who know you. These letters should be speaking of you as of an expert in the particular field. You also need to show other accomplishments such as publications, awards, membership in organizations. The more you can find, the better. The requirements are similar to the applicants for a green card through "extraordinary ability", but probably less strict, because I got an O-1 and not GC.

No Title

Thank you for your information. I got 14 publication, not all as first author in important publications. I got strong letters of recommendation > question? Did you get an advisory opinion from an organization? a field expert? I read somewhere that a Union opinion is requiered. Can you please tell me what was your expirience regarding the advisory opinion.
Thank you so much for answering last mail.

No Title

I obtained a peer group letter. Since I am clinician, I asked a group of physicians practicing in the same area to write that letter. It was basically another supportive letter. It explained what kind of work I will be doing and why is it very important. My lawyer send me the correct formulation of the beginning of the letter, and then I filled in the blanks.

No Title

Would it be much trouble to get the template of your peer group letter? I am also a clinician.My lawyer does not seem to know about it and it is the only requierement I need to send the petition? Or is there any source I can obtain one? Thank you again.