O-1 RFE from California

Beli

Registered Users (C)
My husband's university recently submitted a petition for an O-1 and we have just received an RFE. The RFE is four pages long (!) and basically restates all of the categories needed to qualify for the O-1. For example, it states "Beneficiary received such and such award but petition does not establish how that award proves that beneficiary is at the top of his field."

The RFE itself feels like a template. It is very worrisome. We presented evidence originally that shows how my husband fulfills at least six of the nine categories required to qualify so we're not exactly sure what they need at this point. What our attorney did not do is provide data to back up the evidence (i.e., distribution lists for journals in which he has published, etc.) so this is what we are in the process of gathering.

Any advice as to what to include and how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Our attorney has simply said to gather more data and she will write the letter. Do we need additional letters of recommendation (we originally submitted 12 from difft. countries)? Is it OK to resubmit the same evidence that USCIS seems to have missed the first time?

Thanks for your thoughts!

o1 visa rfe

Hi
I have applied also for a 01 visa and just received email info that I will be receiving a RFE.
How did your husband case ended? do you have any advises?
Thank you