O-1 approved & one question

qy

I got my O-1 approved at VSC a week ago(Filed Date: 4/20/00; RD: 4/24/00; AD: 4/25/00). however, I\'ll present a conference in Italy in Sep. 2000. right now, I have a question not clear, hoping to get your input/sugesstions.

I was adivised to get my O-1 stamped for my re-entry of US. right now, I am still not very clear about where and how to get the visa stamped. I am thinking to get it from certain US Consulate General in Canada. My question is since my passport was issued from china, do I need to file a I-824 form to request a new US Consulate General at Canada, How to get an appointment? will they give me multi-entry?

My I-140 petition (EB1 RD 1/22/00) is still pending. I guess it is hard for me to get it approved until Sep. according to current pace. so the advance parole will be not avaiable for me, I have to rely on O-1 for my re-entry.

any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance

Qing

No Title

Basically, you will go through the following steps:

1. Call automated telephone appointment setup number(I don\'t remember now, you can easily find out from internet) to set up appointment in
Canada or Mexica.
2. Then, they will send you a letter stating the appointment date and what documents you should bring with you
3. Go there and go interview

Since you are from China, the consulate will issu you twice entry visa. I have done that a couple of time.

Not a big deal.

By the way, do you change your status to o-1 form other status?

No Title

My 6 years holding a H1B visa will expire June 30, I am almost ready to apply for an O1 visa while I wait for an answer of my green card application based on employment based on the NIW. Do you know how long will take approximately to be proccess. Could I continue to work as long I submit the application or I\'ll have to wait for approval. Any idea how long my I-140 will take if i submitted in April 30
Thanks in advance
Jorge lagos
jorge.lagos@dep.state.fl.us

No Title

thank you for your valuable information.

Yes, I am changing from J-1 to O-1. my O-1 will start on July 1.

Could you please tell me. what\'s gonna happen? if the officer refuses to issue me the O visa. Can I get back US based on the approval notice of O-1 and I-94 form?

No Title

It depends on what service center. right now, the Taxas is the fastest center. you can easily find out the processing time from the web site below.
http://www.shusterman.com/

As to O-1, It should be a pretty fast processing. I got my O-1 just within one week.

Good Luck

Qing

No Title

hey i need information of a students visa and which visa or aplication do i need to get to obtein it or who i need to go whith?
if you could mail me that information to hupsa007@hotmail.com so i can make some appoiments.

No Title

Hi,

Did you use the same material while filing your O-1 application as you
did for your EB-1? If not, what was different?
Also, did you file the O-1 yourself or through a lawyer?
Thanks for your response.

Raj.

No Title

I am in a similar situation, where my 6 years of H1B is going to expire shortly. What is O1 visa and how do you apply for it. Does O1 visa allow you to work and also provide visa for a spouse.
Would appreciate a reply.
Thanks.

No Title

Hi,

I am looking for an attorney to file for an O-1 visa. Would anybody mind making a suggestion?

Do you know if getting an O-1 visa a second time is any easier than the first time (like if you decide to
change jobs after this project is done)?

Thanks

No Title

Hi Qy
I am in the similar situation as yours , I got my O-1 visa approved last week too, and on the approval notice it says that I have to contact the consulate in Quebec. Could you please guide me what you did about the stamping? Did you go to canada ? Did you have any problems about that?
I would greatly appreciate your help
Thanks a lot
MK

No Title

Hi qing
I am in the similar situation as yours , I got my O-1 visa approved last week too, and on the approval notice it says that I have to contact the consulate in Quebec. Is it mandatory to go to Canada to get it stamped? If yes is there a deadline to how soon you have to do it? Could you please guide me what you did about the stamping? Did you go to canada ? Did you have any problems about that? I am changing From J-1 to O-1 visa
I would greatly apprecaite your help
Thanks a lot
MK

No Title

I need some help regarding O1 visa. My lawyer has completed all formalities, but we are stuck on getting the consultation letter. Can anyone PLEASE suggest an organization. We tried IEEE, but they said they provide such letters only to their employees. HELP PLEASE!!!!

No Title

Hi!

*O1* VISA does not depend on the *X* number of publications, but more along the lines of your contribution to your company, the nature of the job, responsibilities and how important you are for your firm!

Since this is not a self-petitioned VISA, primary sponsor of your cause i.e.
your firm has to be strong in supporting your case. The company first and foremost be willing to state in details as how valuable you are to its business, your duties should invariably support any of its\' business needs , i.e. reasearch, sales, productivity etc.

The INS will understand primarily your business/technical expertise which will make the difference. Also salary level and commanding position would add to it. Only a researcher with Ph.D. with "X" No. of publications wouldn\'t do, but adequate experience with facts stating correlation of the business needs would certainly add in your favor.

A VISA that has been sought by many deserving candidates from Fortune-500 firms would likely be lot easier since the name recognition is a factor that will be hard to overlook for the INS. Such a company stating all the necessary facts and wording accordingly, would make the strong case of the candidate, a lot easier, than the case of similar candidate from a small company.

Lastly, the letter of recommendations from your peers, and that too, from the competitiors would make a great difference. It will make an impact in stating how valuable you are in your field, irrispective of your position with your present employer. It should make a statement that your affiliations, background and expertise would be welcome even by the rival firms, if they need to employ you.

Kindly look for *O1* expert lawyers, since every law firm is not adequate in handling cases such as *O1*..The difference between NIW and that of *O1* primarily stands where NIW needs documentation in your scholastic persona (in most cases), where *O1* requirs strong support from your firm with additional references.

Documents needed:

- A resume that reflects strong work experience, which can be backed up by strong worded letters of reference from the past/present employers, colleaguaes, subject-matter experts, such as those who hold advisory/council position(s) on various organization(s).

_ Letter of support from your present employer sighting crucial factor of *you* being the *right employee* for the position, and how difficult it is to seek another employee *in case where you may need to be relived from the job position*, and direct consequences for business.
It can be shown by direct correlation whereby your absence can create havoc such product launched is affected, resulting in $$ loss of revenues / loss of overall project implementation / highly skilled person to replace you is unavailable..

The statement from the company should also say that you are a person of an *extraordinary abilities* to do *this job due to the qualifaications* found unparallel etc..A few letters from direct competetiors would certainally make the difference.

Membership of professional organizations which carry weightage and prominance..

The letter of support for my wife (supposed to have been drafted by her company!), was written by me, and that\'s why I can suggest you all these suggestions, since she got her O-1 approved, established the fact itself.

No Title

Hi Alex,

Have you got the answer to your question ? If so can you please post to this group ?

Thanks
-S