NYC Timeline ?

sinantan

Registered Users (C)
Anybody from NYC who can post their timeline will be appreciated. We can maybe compare the dates and get an estimate, which of course does not mean much :)

N400 Application: 11/20/2003
Confirmation Receipt:11/27/2003
FP:04/23/2004
Rest:?

Thanks

Hi, this won't help you, but I sent my application in at the end of January and I'm still waiting for fingerprinting.

Are you telling me that it takes five months to be fingerprinted in NYC? Oh dear.

Good luck with the wait. I've the feeling that I'll need it too.

Here is my time line. Hope this will help.

PD---- 7/2003
FP---- 8/2003
Intv--- waiting

I remember few people from this forum also applied from NYC during that period of time, and got their FP done with in 2 months
( max ). May be things are backed up once again.

My timeline

My timeline:

package send on 05/27/03 via certified mail

package arrived at VSC on 05/30/03

check has been deposit on 06/09/03

NOA letter was send on 06/20/03

received the letter on 06/25/03

FP letter send by VSC on 07/03/03

received FP letter on 07/11/03

FP date is 08/01/03

received letter of interview notice on 02/02/04

Interview is on 04/21/04 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan (not Garden City).

I live in NYC, Manhattan

Because of many threads in regards to the name check, some other info. I did follow the USCIS instructions how to file the N400. This means using paper clips and the order of the documents. I am from a European country. I did read on the Internet that the FBI is able to access police records of my home country. My first and last name are uncommon and do not sound like a Muslim name. My green card has been processed by the Vermont center. I did spend some hours searching the Internet in regards of the processing time in NYC of N400 applications. Well, it is like playing lotto. I saw one posting in another forum of a couple from England, which had a processing time of 7 month. Other postings went up to two years. This just for Info. It doesn't mean anything in the terms of faster or slower processing times to my knowledge.

Hey, thanks p8085. I'm sure that NYC is a lot more variable -- just hope to be one of the lucky ones.

Hi P8085,
How did your interview go today? Hope everything went fine. Please share your experience with us. Thanks

choyty

Hi choyty,
here is my interview experience:

I arrived one hour before my scheduled interview at 26 Federal Plaza (downtown Manhattan). The entrance for USCIS visitors with an appointment letter is in the back of the building where a small park is located (front is Broadway where the none appointment letter USCIS visitors lineup). Similar to the airport security, my bag and jacket was x-rayed. I went up to the 7th floor and entered the room as listed in the interview letter. A security clerk asked for my interview letter and she told me to go to counter 152. The room has many rows of seats and on both ends is a small counter area. I did go to the counter and handed over my interview letter. The USCIS employee took my letter and asked me if I would like to change my name. I said no. Then he told me to wait until I am called. As well, he gave me a form, which I had to fill out. The form asks for your SSA#, day time telephone number and I had to sign it. My interview appointment was at 8:40 and exactly at 8:40, I was called by the interviewer. We walked to his office and he asked me not to sit down. He did swear me in and asked for my green card and passport. The he started to ask me questions. What is you name? What is your SSA# number? Where do you live? Very basic stuff. He went through my application line by line. After that, he asked me the civic questions and did the English test. The questions where from the 100 questions list. I did answer all 10 questions correctly and passed the English test, as well. Then he asked me the morality questions (drinking, criminal and etc.). I never had been arrested and never got a speeding ticket. Thereafter, he told me to sign the two photographs. Then he asked me the final questions of the N-400 form (will you bear arms and etc.). I did answer with yes and he asked me to sign and print my name at the oath part of the application. During the interview the interviewer checked the trips, which I took by checking the entry stamps in my passport. As well, he asked for the IRS transcripts. He congratulated me and told me that my application has been recommended for approval. At the end he gave me the form N-662 with the following entries marked:

You passed the English and US history and government test
Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.

The interviewer walked be back the setting area and said goodbye to me. The interviewer was very friendly and professional. The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

I will let you know about the oath date after I have received the letter for it.

Good luck to all!!

Thanks P8085. Hope you will get your oath letter soon. Don't forget to share your oath exp with us. Wish you all the best.

My timeline...

My timeline is below...

I am scheduled at Garden City for my interview...it's getting close! I am so excited!!

Does anyone know if in Garden City they give you your Oath date on the same day as the interview?

Thanks!

Ratrat

Hi, just received FP notice for late May (sent application in early February). FP at the Varick Street location.

Good luck to all.

By the way, in case you're wondering, online status is still the same (i.e. it will take between 30 and 60 days to process, etc.).

I received the Oath letter, today. Just a week after I had the interview. The oath ceremony is on May, 10 at 26 Federal Plaza.

I wish the best of good luck to everybody.

Hi guys,
My time line is :pD 7/03, FP 8/03. I haven't heard anything since then. On line status hasn't changed. What should I do at this point? It's almost 10 months, and each day making me more worried. Should I wait more, or start communiting with my local office/senator/congressmen? Any suggestion, comment would be appreciated.

Thanks
Choyty

Choyty,

It's been a while, and you might want to inquire about your case with your district office. If that doesn't work, then you may want to consider reaching out to your congressmen/senator.

Hi Choyty

My timeline is 12 months from FP to Interview but I did call the National # numerous times (no help there) and also called the FBI numbers to make sure my fingerprints and name check were in progress or completed...

I would suggest you do the same, but don't worry, you might get your letter in the next couple of months like I did...

Ratrat