NYC PP Stamping experience - Bhanu Kuchibhotla

Bhanu Kuchibhotla

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I finally got my passport stamped last Friday. There was not much of a line outline but inside there was a queue in room 1-102. About 200 people (both Family based and Employment based) in a line. The NYC local office in one kid-unfriendly place and hence people with kids who don\'t need stamping might want to consider a backup plan of leaving them baby sitting at home. If you can\'t do that then bring you kid to the Worth street front entrance and speak to the security gaurd about letting you go in first. They usually let you in. If you need to feed your babies or kids, you can goto 6th floor and if you try to do so on any other floor, the gaurds are quick to warn you not to and advise you sternly to got to 6th floor.

During the PP Stamping, they only asked for most recent I94. They took two FP of the right thumb and make you sign some forms. They took the photographs (they didn\'t look at the photographs or the I94s) and stamped the passport. After nearly one hour wait holding the kid in hand for that time, we got the PP stamped and the security gaurd wished us "Welcome to America"... I laughed at the irony..

Bhanu.

No Title

COngratulation Bhanu,

Wish you good luck, for your future.

I am still waiting to hear some good News, my RFE was recieved by INS on May 21 st every thing is courrent , and message says you have Zero days waiting period. How much time generaly does it takes, after this.
Could you please tell me at this stage are we Legal Resident of US or. Non resident.

Thanks
Nicky

No Title

Nicky,

Technically until you get your passport stamped, you are not a permenant resident yet. Once you get that done, you will be . However, once you get the approval (which for you is any day), the passport stamping is just a formality.

hope this helps
Bhanu

No Title

Bhanu, Congrats to the newest permanent resident!

I have a question for you. I am afraid our approvals may come while we are on vacation in India. ARe you aware of any time limit within which we need to get stamping done?

Thanks .
EB-2 Ind. PD 2/12/98 RD 8/3/00 ND 8/18/00 FP 11/29/00

No Title

Anup1,

There are no time limits. When you come back, just go on the specified day any week and you can get your PP stamped.

Congrats in advance.
Bhanu

No Title

Bhanu,
    Thanks. I appreciate your prompt response.
Looking forward to the approval and a great vacation in Hyderabad (or is it Cyderabad?)!

anup1

No Title

Congrats Bhanu.

Some places in America are strangely unfriendly to kids. Thanks for the advise. We were planning on taking our son with us.
Your contribution to this board is huge. Thanks.

No Title

Bhanu,

I might be mistaken, but one becomes a permanent resident after receiving I-485 approval. I think that\'s why there is no deadline to get stamping done. The passport stamp is for travel and for identification that one is a permanent resident. I heard the clock for naturalization starts ticking when i-485 is approved. Please correct me if I am wrong.

No Title

I heard this from my lawyer and I don\'t know if he is right. The clock for Naturalization does tick from the dates mentioned in the GC Card, however.

Again, thanks to you all and good luck for everybody in the discussion board. This probably could be my last message on the board. If somebody needs to e-mail, you sure can at BHANSHAN@HOTMAIL.COM and I shall do my best to help..

regards.
Bhanu

No Title

I heard this from my lawyer and I don\'t know if he is right. The clock for Naturalization does tick from the dates mentioned in the GC Card, however.

Again, thanks to you all and good luck to everybody in the discussion board. This probably could be my last message on the board. If somebody needs to e-mail, you sure can at BHANSHAN@HOTMAIL.COM and I shall do my best to help..

regards.
Bhanu

No Title

Congrats, Bhanu, Can you tell how much time it took for approval once it was assigned with an officer. My case was assigned on 1st. May and it is not going anywhere.
Thanks,

No Title

Congratulations Bhanu, your assistance to fellow VSC waiters is huge. Have a great post-gc life! And yes, "Welcome to America".. Sorry - I couldn\'t resist that one!

No Title

want to let you know that I really appreciate all your detailed replies to the best of your knowledge, u have been a exceptionally good role model for this discussion board members, i.e. to give more than u get. Just a friendly advice, please spend the time you get not replying to discussion board and worrying abt GC completely with your wife n kid who need all "Quality Time" now. God Bless you and your family in your "American Journey" :)