NYC passport renewal question

AmitD

Registered Users (C)
I have my GC interview on 10/12 and my passport expires 10/27. I wanted to find out if I can send the passport to Indian Consulate in NYC today or tomorrow and get the renewed passport before the interview.

Was wondering if anyone who has sent the passoprt for renewal to NYC by Express mail has taken longer than a month. Also, any suggestions if I should just wait until the interview and then send the passport after the interview?

Also, do I need to send the self addressed envelope if I am sending the additional $15 for return mail ?

I would appreciate if someone can reply back with some answer to my query.
Thanks,

Hi amit, I don't have personal experience with mailing the passport but it seems unlikely you will receive the passport by 10/12. It seems it might take 2months on average. For this reason I personally went there and got renewed same day.

I have my GC interview on 10/12 and my passport expires 10/27. I wanted to find out if I can send the passport to Indian Consulate in NYC today or tomorrow and get the renewed passport before the interview.

Was wondering if anyone who has sent the passoprt for renewal to NYC by Express mail has taken longer than a month. Also, any suggestions if I should just wait until the interview and then send the passport after the interview?

Also, do I need to send the self addressed envelope if I am sending the additional $15 for return mail ?

I would appreciate if someone can reply back with some answer to my query.
Thanks,

Thanks rak. I think I am going to wait until the interview and then do the renewal after.