NYC Local INS Office.

KVoora

Registered Users (C)
Does any one have any idea if INS office is going to be open this Friday. (Unable to reach NYC office by phone). I am planning to go for my passport stamping.

\'ars99\', \'train f\' do you have any updates on this (I know you both have been planning for stamping at NYC).

Regards

Looks like it will be open for PP stamping..this week

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/newyork/091301_annc.htm

On September 28, 2001 the office will be open only for the following:
To accommodate individuals with scheduled appointments for September 28, 2001 for Employment Authorization Documents and Parole processing.
To address emergency requests for travel documents
To provide proof of status stamps (ADIT Stamps) for all those receiving approval notices for their Adjustment of Status applications from the Northern, Vermont and Southern Service Centers and the New York District. (You must present the notice from the Service Center or the New York District)
To complete processing of individuals whose inspection was deferred to the New York District Office when they entered the United States
To facilitate the posting of detention bonds
To process those individuals with appointments and orders of supervision with the Deportation Branch.
On October 1, 2001 the office will be open for normal business.

NCSC says NYC INS might open next week only...

I called up NCSC...and i was told that the office wont open this week...only on October 1st. (even though INS web site otherwise..)..So guys call ahead and check with NCSC before you got to NY office..I plan on going only next week..

B.

NYC open for limited services.

I just verified with NCSC (12:20 PM on 9/26/01) and was told that NYC office at 26 Federal Plaza is going to be open for limited service. They are going to accept I-485 approvals for passport stamping.

Also according to NYC.gov 26 Federal Plaza falls in Sector A which has only pedestrian access.

KVOORA...or anyone who got passport stamped in NYC last friday...

Please post your experience

nyc stamping experience

we were at 26 federal plaza around 6:30 am. worth street entrance is closed so we joined the line in the front of the building. around 7:30 the line was really very long. then several ins employees handed out papers stating which services were open. they asked us to show passport and approval letters and we formed a separate line. we went inside the building and entered a room where we gave the pictures & passport and were asked to sign a form and put our right index fingerprint. we moved to another window where we gave all these docs and our passports were stamped. we were told that gcs will be sent in 6 months. from the time we entered the building, the whole process was a mere 10 minutes.

Passport Stamping at NYC

We reached 26 Federal Plaza at about 7:15 AM told to go to Broadway entrance saw a big line probably 100 people ahead of us. It was same around 7:30 AM some INS employee came out handing out flyers as to what service is being processed that day. Around 8:00 AM they started checking the notices and passports and moving people into barricaded line. It took 15 minutes from then to get thru security and into room 102. There we a had to stand in line for fraction of a minute before being called for signature and Index finger print the card was handed over to us and we waited another fraction of a minute before being called to counter where the officer took some time filling out the card that had our signature and FP. He took the notice, EAD and I-94 stamped the passport saying valid for travel and work. Mentioned that our card would arrive in 3 to 6 months. The stamps says temporary Identification of Permanent Immigration and valid for one year. We were out of the building by 8:30 AM.

thanks guys for the info...I will be going this friday...Good luck Kvoora...eom