NYC AOS Interview - no stamp?

TYPbICT

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I had my AOS interview in Manhattan on March 23, 2005. The officer told me that “the case was granted” and “you should be receiving your card in a couple of weeks”. When I asked her if she could stamp my passport she said no, and repeated that the card will arrive shortly. I was aware that my case was a part of the “pilot project” and figured that they treated those approvals differently – w/out stamping.
It has almost been 3 wks and I have no word from them; also my online case status has been the same since the day they received my fingerprints. Did anyone here have a similar scenario? I have seen people on this forum who had their interviews after mine and already have their GCs and I am just worried, since I don’t really have any proof that the interview even took place, never mind the verbal approval.
Thanks in advance!

Your question has been answered on many other immigration forums.. What kind of answer are you looking for?

Ama deus said:
Your question has been answered on many other immigration forums.. What kind of answer are you looking for?
Asking for second (and third and fourth, etc) opinion is not unwise, especially when it comes to immigration. What kind of answer are YOU looking from him?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's been answered at great length on other forums. However it appears that the answers aren't to his liking. Well, in that case he should provide the answer he would like to hear and we'll post it.

Really, three weeks without GC aren't something unheard of. Just sit tight and wait at least 30 days and then go to the NYC DO to find out what's going on.

Exactly same case

My wife and I had my AOS interview in Manhattan on September 15th, 2004. The officer told me that “the case was granted” and “you should be receiving your card in a couple of weeks”. When I asked her if she could stamp my passport she said no, and repeated that the card will arrive shortly. I was aware that my case was a part of the “fast track pilot project” and figured that they treated those approvals differently – w/out stamping. She said that FBI clearance was required before they would ask me to stamp my passport
It has almost been over seven months and I have no word from them; also my online case status has been the same since the day they received my fingerprints.
Went to the NYC office a couple of times but they could not help because they only new what was on the system as of July 2004.

:mad:

undefined
TYPbICT said:
My wife and I had my AOS interview in Manhattan on March 23, 2005. The officer told me that “the case was granted” and “you should be receiving your card in a couple of weeks”. When I asked her if she could stamp my passport she said no, and repeated that the card will arrive shortly. I was aware that my case was a part of the “pilot project” and figured that they treated those approvals differently – w/out stamping.
It has almost been 3 wks and I have no word from them; also my online case status has been the same since the day they received my fingerprints. Did anyone here have a similar scenario? I have seen people on this forum who had their interviews after mine and already have their GCs and I am just worried, since I don’t really have any proof that the interview even took place, never mind the verbal approval.
Thanks in advance!

Pls help

My wife and I had my AOS interview in Manhattan on September 15th, 2004. The officer told me that “the case was granted” and “you should be receiving your card in a couple of weeks”. When I asked her if she could stamp my passport she said no, and repeated that the card will arrive shortly. I was aware that my case was a part of the “fast track pilot project” and figured that they treated those approvals differently – w/out stamping. She said that FBI clearance was required before they would ask me to stamp my passport
It has almost been over six months and I have no word from them; also my online case status has been the same since the day they received my fingerprints.
Went to the NYC office a couple of times but they could not help because they only new what was on the system as of July 2004.
:D
:eek:

2 months here...

AOS interview on Feb 9th - "Approved"
Today - April 19th - NO UPDATE whatsoever

The site hasn't been updated, I haven't received anything...this is silly.

:mad: