NYC anyone?

greencarder

Registered Users (C)
Here is what I observed so far about the processing of N400 in the NYC district office. You can be extremely lucky and get your interview notice within a month from doing your Fingerprints. Or you can be so unlucky and wait forever. Or you can get your interview descheduled after you are hit with an evil eye for getting an early notice. Is there a middle ground there? Why do I feel that I won't ever get this damn notice in the mail? I know it has been less than 2 months since I did my Fingerprints and I should "chill," but I am so pessimistic and frustrated! I try to follow the thread of NYC timeline and it is only updated once every week and those who update it do not usually tell us that they received interview notices.

Hang in there. Every case is different. Some cases are family based, some employment based, some asylum based...

and having a unique name no one else has is a good thing for this process.

Plus this board is a small sampling size, very tiny! There are thousands of n400 applicants in nyc area that don't look or know about this board.

I have a friend with a common name who has been waiting for 8 months for int. letter.

Good luck to you.

I'm hanging in.. still waiting for Interview as well... been 7 months now since application. At least the USCIS web site says the DO is processing applications as of August 20, so hopefully soon before I can start approaching the Senators etc.