NY Speeding Ticket with Canadian Driver's License

no_trying

Registered Users (C)
I got a speeding ticket for doing 84 on 65 speed limit. I am planning to mail the ticket not guilty from Toronto. Can someone tell me if I can fight and win the speeding ticket by showing up for the day in front of the judge? If the police officer doesn't show up to the court, I guess I win.

Has anyone or any Canadian had this issue and won? I know if you get a speeding ticket in NY then it wll go on your Ontario Driver's Record and may increase your insurance.

What is a supporting deposition? I read somewhere that you will get arrested if you don't pay traffic tickets in USA. What are the consequence for future green card/work visa in USA because of thisspeed ticket and judge rejecting the not guilty plea?

I got a speeding ticket for doing 84 on 65 speed limit. I am planning to mail the ticket not guilty from Toronto. Can someone tell me if I can fight and win the speeding ticket by showing up for the day in front of the judge? If the police officer doesn't show up to the court, I guess I win.

Has anyone or any Canadian had this issue and won? I know if you get a speeding ticket in NY then it wll go on your Ontario Driver's Record and may increase your insurance.

What is a supporting deposition? I read somewhere that you will get arrested if you don't pay traffic tickets in USA. What are the consequence for future green card/work visa in USA because of thisspeed ticket and judge rejecting the not guilty plea?

1. Yes. You can win if Police officer won’t show up. Usually that’s the only one reason you can win.
2. I don’t know that, but it may go on your Canadian driver’s record. (may be a lawyer able to answer that)
3. Yes, if you don’t pay the ticket they can issue an arrest warrant.
4. If you pay it OR contest it no problem on any visa
5. Finally there are some lawyers contest it for 100-200 USD but it may increase your fine, but they can change it as Non moving violation

you better just pay ticket. it doesn't hurt your canadian driving permit.

hi