NY Pilot program I485 still pending

annieb

Registered Users (C)
Hi, My husband and I filed our AOS forms during pilot program (expediated green card- meant to take 3 months for the whole process) that was initiated in 2004. I am a U.S. citizen and he is from Ireland. Everything seemed great in the beginning-- filed our forms in Oct. 04 and had an interview by Dec 04. Our interview went well but she said she couldn't stamp his passport because of pending background checks. She wrote approved pending section 245i in the back of his passport. That has nearly been a year ago. I got the FBI's # off this website and we called them today. They said he is all clear with them and has been since Oct. 19 2004. Does anyone have an idea as to why we havent been approved yet??? I knew others that went through the pilot program as well and got their GC's within 2 mo. of their interview. Any insight would be appreciated

One correction: The immigration officer wrote pending sec 245, then my husbands Alien #, NYC CR.6 and her name and date. She verbally told us that we were approved but had to wait for the background checks to clear.

Have you contacted USCIS since called FBI? They probably just forget to update your case. Definitely need to call USCIS and make infopass to your local office.

I made an infopass for Dec 5th- hopefully they can tell us something. The NY pilot program ended a good few months ago.

annieb said:
Hi, My husband and I filed our AOS forms during pilot program (expediated green card- meant to take 3 months for the whole process) that was initiated in 2004. I am a U.S. citizen and he is from Ireland. Everything seemed great in the beginning-- filed our forms in Oct. 04 and had an interview by Dec 04. Our interview went well but she said she couldn't stamp his passport because of pending background checks. She wrote approved pending section 245i in the back of his passport. That has nearly been a year ago. I got the FBI's # off this website and we called them today. They said he is all clear with them and has been since Oct. 19 2004. Does anyone have an idea as to why we havent been approved yet??? I knew others that went through the pilot program as well and got their GC's within 2 mo. of their interview. Any insight would be appreciated
annieb,

Are you sure you called the FBI Name Check office? I have a feeling that you called the FBI Fingerprints office. The FP office clears everything within 24 hours of FP receipt. However, FBI Name Check takes unknown number of days/months/years...

Check the number you called again. 304-6255-5590 is for finger printing whereas 202-324-2399 is for name check. Furthermore, the name check number is an automated machine. Even if you call the live operator number, she will not tell you if your name check is clear or not and will transfer you to the automated machine.