NY Passport Office problem for Waiver..

urmil

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

I was in the US on J1, subject to 212 Home return rule. I went to canada and then I stayed in India for 10 Months. Right now i am in England on Students visa. I have got my NORI Documents from India.(state, passport and Dept of Edu.). Now the problem is... Indian Consulate in NY refuses to give me NORI certificate as they find my case too old(June 2002 application for NORI.) How can i get my case ahead??

Help me please.
Urmil

Hi Urmil
I think the NY consulate might think that the NORI you obtained in 2002 may NOT BE COMPLETELY VALID since you have gone on further studies after(?) obtaining them. I would think that they WOULD ACCEPT a new set of NORI's. However if you want to get around it, you can try sending them the documents evidencing the source of funding for your current studies; however this still DOES NOT PROVE (from NY consulate point of view) that you have not received any form of financial support from any Indian government agencies.
The best option, in my opinion, would be to get the NORI's fresh. If you chase them closely you should have them all in ~2 month's time.
Kaush