NY - Get an Interview for I-485 in 6 weeks???

My husband didn't get his EAD until 1 1/2 weeks after our interview.

Even though 6 weeks is an incredibly long time, ours was fast also in my opinion. We applied in November and interviewed April.
Just be sure to bring all of your paperwork for everything. Also, you can try calling their 1800 number and asking what papers you shoud bring. That might indicate what the appointment is about.

If there was anything really wrong, they'd visit your house or something. Don't worry :)

formalin45 said:
i know a person who got interviewed in three months but they denied thier case
what happened there?

ours was based on me being a full up citizen, what were the circumstances in that one you just mentioned?

The Person Is Also A Us Citizen But I Guess They Havn't Establish A Family Relationship Yet So Uscis Deny Them Temporary Until Next Year August For Another Interview In My Opinion They Are One Lucky Couple Because Some Of The Questions That The The Officer Asked Them I Guess Seperately About Each Other They Could Not Answer Because They Have Met Maybe Five Months Now.

formalin45 said:
The Person Is Also A Us Citizen But I Guess They Havn't Establish A Family Relationship Yet So Uscis Deny Them Temporary Until Next Year August For Another Interview In My Opinion They Are One Lucky Couple Because Some Of The Questions That The The Officer Asked Them I Guess Seperately About Each Other They Could Not Answer Because They Have Met Maybe Five Months Now.
Yes, I've heard if they do the interview separately it means you'll have a a harder time, longer, etc.

wow

Felipe/Lydia said:
edit: i meant short. oops! :) it's a very short time
did you guys got approved at your interview and if yes can you tell me how was the questions structured that the the officer asked.

Felipe/Lydia said:
edit: i meant short. oops! :) it's a very short time
did you guys got approved at your interview and if yes can you tell me how was the questions structured that the officer asked.