NVC to Mumbai Consulate

ssubram

The automated voice response system at NVC says that my file was processed and sent to the Consulate in Mumbai on November 13th 2003. However the Mumbai Consulate says they have no record of my case/they have not received it.

From what I gather from other posts, it should not take more than a couple of weeks for it to reach Mumbai. I'm worried that my file is lost/misplaced. Is there a way I can track where the file is? I cannot seem to get hold of a live operator at NVC to check this out.

Your help is much appreciated!

Originally posted by ssubram
The automated voice response system at NVC says that my file was processed and sent to the Consulate in Mumbai on November 13th 2003. However the Mumbai Consulate says they have no record of my case/they have not received it.

From what I gather from other posts, it should not take more than a couple of weeks for it to reach Mumbai. I'm worried that my file is lost/misplaced. Is there a way I can track where the file is? I cannot seem to get hold of a live operator at NVC to check this out.

Your help is much appreciated!

This is clearly too long and the consulate should have got your
file.

Send them an email and see what they would say. Then your
recourse would be to contact the NVC to find out what happened.

Raju

ssubram:

The NVC recommended approach is for you (if there is no attorney) or your attorneys to send a letter in writing to NVC with details about your case (case number, date p3 mailed....) so that NVC can investigate the incident and probably forward another file to the consulate!

This is what a friend of mine was asled to do when the consulate did not receive the his nvc mailed p3 for 2 months!

Thanks for your responses!

I managed to speak to an NVC operator. She was surprised that the Consulated had not contacted them yet, asking them to resend the file. She asked me to fax the email I recd from the Consulate to NVC - fax #603-334-0791; and they would re-send the file.

Thats good news...one step forward. Fax that email asap..so that your file is resent sooner. All the best!

I am experienceing the same at New Delhi

HI SSubram,
My case was forwarded to New Delhi on Nov 14th and US Embassy Delhi is saying that they have not received my file yet.
There is something wrong here (Nov13 and 14 case)

I am awating their response from New Delhi Embassy, so that I can FAX it to them for resending my file to Embassy.

Thanks
:)

Originally posted by ssubram
Thanks for your responses!

I managed to speak to an NVC operator. She was surprised that the Consulated had not contacted them yet, asking them to resend the file. She asked me to fax the email I recd from the Consulate to NVC - fax #603-334-0791; and they would re-send the file.

It's good to see accomadating character from NVC ...