NVC to Consulate

Thanks Raju,

I still have my bank account in US (but no money ofcourse, <100 $)

Also, do i need to show w2 forms that i have received in my last 3rd yr? for last 2 years i can show form-16 (IT returns) from india.
But previous yr., i was in US, so i think i need to show the tax returns there. Is it ok if i show EZ 1040 forms etc? (that we filled and sent to irc and statd tax depts)

Also, my interview is expected in feb, 04 and i am expecting a baby in this month end. Do I need to indicate consulate about it? and what else i may have to do? (i134, ds 230 etc needed?)

Originally posted by cpzinga
Thanks Raju,

I still have my bank account in US (but no money ofcourse, <100 $)

{Carry a statement showing activity while you were employed
here. It is OK even if currently there is not much balance in
the account}

Also, do i need to show w2 forms that i have received in my last 3rd yr? for last 2 years i can show form-16 (IT returns) from india.
But previous yr., i was in US, so i think i need to show the tax returns there. Is it ok if i show EZ 1040 forms etc? (that we filled and sent to irc and statd tax depts)

{Without going into specifics, I would say, carry the W-2s
you got in US and proof of having filed the tax return while
you were here.

The Indian tax returns may not be needed, but carry them
anyway.

While we are on the subject, it is not a bad idea to get
Income Tax Clearance certificate from Income Tax authority
in India. This may be needed at the port of exit in India when
you come to US}

Also, my interview is expected in feb, 04 and i am expecting a baby in this month end. Do I need to indicate consulate about it? and what else i may have to do? (i134, ds 230 etc needed?)

{Once the baby is born, send the information to the consulate
indicating that you would be seeking IV for the baby also.
You will need to carry the birth certificate( with full name)
and the passport for the baby. }

{my responses}

Raju

Thanks raju.
You are great...

Please don't mind if i ask more questions (which may be silly also)
Since i am doing from india, i am concerned little bit.

Thanks again...

You are welcome!

We don't mind questions at all. By asking you are not only
helping yourself but also helping others who may have the
same question.

Raju

NVC is saying that the file is not received from NVC

Hi gurus,
My case was sent by NVC to New Delhi Embassy on Nov 14th 2003 (as per AVSM).

I tried contacting US embassy via email twice and both time they have responded back by saying that they have not received the case from NVC. Based on cptracker the Avg time for this activity is 1-2 weeks. In my case it has been almost been 4 weeks.

Do you guys see any problem with it? What should I do next?

Thanks
cpnwd

:)

cpnwd:

Bbay and Chennai have published Jan 04 interview dates. New Delhi is expected to do the same on Monday 12/15.

I would suggest checking NWD consualte web site once Jan dates are published and if you are not in that list then call the NWD consulate and talk to a rep and inform him on your concern.

PCC rules for Indians at New Delhi Embassy

Thanks kd140!
Appreciate your effort to help people on this forum. Hats to you for keeping a lot of people alive!

On my case:
I am still awaiting the New Delhi Embassy to post the Jan interview list. It is already 17th Dec there. Anyway, I have learned that patience is a virtue...in these matters.

I have two questions regarding PCC:
Q1: For Delhi Embassy interview, do you need PCC from India, esp. if you have already got one from CGI in US? ALthough this question has been asked a thousand times on this forum and I don't want to harp on the same note again and again, yet it is very confusing to me, as it appears that all consulates have their own set of rules about PCC? Is this true that it depends on the consulate/emabssy? Does anyone has any information about New Delhi about Indian PCC requirements?

I have already written to Delhi embassy twice but haven't got any answer yet?

Q2: I stayed overseas for 5 days less than 6 months (5 months 25 days)? DO I need to get a PCC from that country? I have already applied for a PCC but I haven't got any information yet, although it has been more than 2.5 months now.
I have got one PCC from that country which was issued in April, 2001. I have not visited the country since leaving it once. Do you think that might work, in case I don't get a new one before the inteview date? I am also reapplying for another PCC. Anyone with similar circumstances or experience, please share it here!

Again, US embassy is silent on this issue despite getting two emails from me.

Any thoughts or comments would be liberating for me!
Thanks
cpnwd!

:)

cpnwd:

I have two questions regarding PCC:
Q1: For Delhi Embassy interview, do you need PCC from India, esp. if you have already got one from CGI in US?
Answer: No there is no need to get anothre pcc form india. If you get an email reply to your pcc question from the consulate in nwd then carry a print out. As long as your pcc from cgi in usa is valid and has not been more than 6 months since the issue date you are fine!

Q2: I stayed overseas for 5 days less than 6 months (5 months 25 days)? DO I need to get a PCC from that country?
Answer: HEre are the wordings from teh bbay consulate web site regarding pcc of other countries: "if the applicant has resided abroad since the age of 16 for periods of six months or more, then a police certificate might be required from that country, depending on which country it was."

Since you have stayed technically for less than 6 months in this 3rd country you are fine. But if you get the new pcc from that country nothing like it else carry the old expired one. Provide it to the nwd consulate only if asked for else just turn in the indian pcc you got from cgi in usa.