NVC status message

shriram

Registered Users (C)
CP Gurus,

My p3 review is completed and the next step I believe is – NVC sends the case to the US Consulate (Chennai in my case). On checking the status at NVC, following is message I get;

“Your Case was completed on 8/26. Please allow 8 weeks for further instructions. If it more than 8 weeks and you have not received anything please press 0”

This message doesn’t say anything about "dispatch or send" and the bigger problem is "8 weeks" – I can’t understand for what?

Is it normal to receive this message?

Thanks,
Shriram

In about 2 weeks (around 10th sept) from the date of completion of NVC review, your message will change to

“NVC has completed the review of your case and sent the file to consulate/ embassy in Bombay/ Delhi/ Chennai”

Normally NVC completes the review and then in about 2 weeks/ less collects all completed P3 review cases and couriers the files to respective consulates thats when you will get the above message!

Also one other thing sriram, AVM updates 1-2 days a week...so the case may be sent but the AVM is not updated. So the most up-to-date information is with the NVC rep who answers the call when you hit 0 (i think). All the best!