NVC says they do not process I824 cases for India

kanakab

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My 824 approval date is 7th feb. I called NVC and enquired about the same. After talking for long to the officer there, she called the supervisor.
Judy the supervisor told me in very clear terms that NVC does not process the I824 cases for India. We have to get in touch with the embassy there. But Chennai consulate asked us to get in touch with NVC.
PLS HELP. Are we in a big soup. Should we cancel all this and go thru the 485 route?
Thanks,
Kanaka

No Title

NVC routes your immigration petition (I-140) to the Consulate. Call up your service center where your I-824 was approved, and follow-up with them to see if they forwarded your case (I-140 approval) to NVC.

From NVC, you follow the same path that other people whose I-140s were approved for CP initially.

No Title

Hi,
I got my I140 approved recently on AOS. But, I am planning to switch over to CP (after I 824) and I am from Chennai territory. Pl. let me know if there are problems thru\' this route as u had indicated. Also. Pl. give me tel. # of NVC so that I, too can talk to them. Thanks

Jay

No Title

Kanakab,
Mine seems to be the same case as yours. TSC sent my approved 824 to Chennai. Chennai has not yet received it. Please, let me know if you have found out anything else on these cases.

thks

Talk to consualte

and ask them if they will entertain AC140. If yes, then you would need to send a Attorney certified copye of your I-140 along with your original I-140 approval also your receipt for I-824 and Packet 3 to the consulate. This way you will get your interview date scheduled.

Pls do not follow this route it takes longer than AOS

If ur consulate is Chennai, please do not repeat the mistake that we did. As 824 approval takes almost 30-90 days, then NVC takes upto 90 days to send PCk 3, after that, u send the packet 3 back to NVC which takes 6-8 weeks and then Chennai calls for an interview after 2 months. And no EAD in this case!:-(
If u chose either Delhi/Mumbai, then u can get ur interview call in 4-5 months max from the date of ur 824.

srinivas m, Did you call Chennai about your case?.

srinivas m, Did you call Chennai about your case?. I thought that the case has to go through NVC. Let me know so that I can call chennai and inquire about my case.

Thx,

yes we did call Chennai

We called Chennai and they told us that they accept pac3 only from NVC and not from us.

Case moved to Chennai

In previous messages srinivas m said that TSC has send his case to Chenni. I have called TSC two weeks back about my case and they said they haven\'t moved my case. I will call NVC and see what they will say.

Thx

No Title

TSC says that they sent my case to the consulate (chennai). But I have not received confirmation from Chennai yet. I sent them a email yesterday and am waiting for a reply.

MS

Srinivas m, If you get reply from Chennai..please post it

Srinivas m, If you get reply from Chennai..please post it so that I will inquire about my case.

Thx,

Chennai replied in one line

We called Chennai consulate as well sent them an email....they replied in one line that they do not have our case. They asked us to contact NVC here.

No Title

Padmayv and Kanakab,
My attorney says that he got a mail from chennai that they have my case. I am not sure if they will move it to NVC. I will give more details after I talk to my attorney. I suggest that you guys check with Chennai again.

MS

My attorney said he got my Packet3 from NVC.

kanakab, srinivas m. I called my attorney and he said he got my packet3 from NVC. How long do you think the process will take from now onwards. Do I need to PCC from here and any idea how long it takes. Please post details if you know.

Thanks,

Can you explain your process from I-140 approval

i am also doing ac-140 . I thought a)apply i-824b)wait for approvalc) case forwarded to nvc d)nvc sends packet 3 e)packet 3 send back to nvc (through stlouis) f) nvc forwards to consulate...anything i am missing

are u sure about I-824 processing

I spoke to NVC . They informed they need the approved I-140 application directly from INS. Did u indicate that you would be doing AOS before . I am also going to chennai.