NVC Questions

aabraham

Registered Users (C)
When INS sends the files to NVC is there an online status page to track the progress in NVC? or is there published processing times like INS has for service centers? How do you track your case in NVC?

Hi Visaapplicant,

I think I got too excited when I saw the last updated date changed on my parents case and thought that it is been approved.
Then I read the bottom of the page that says some times the status of your case does not change but due to INS internal processing the updated date gets updated... So I think I'm back on square 1 and waiting...\
Thanks for the NVC info. I'll need it sooner or later. Hopefully ASAP.

Received approved I-130, how long for NVC to process?

Hi visaapplicant,

I am a US citizen, applied I-130 for my wife who lives in the Philippines. I recently received the I-130 approval letter, and was informed the files will be sent to NVC. Can you please help me with the following questions:

1. How long does it normally take to hear something from NVC?

2. You provided a link to look for status. That link is not working and I browsed the travel.state.gov site, but could not find a page there that gives timelines. Can you please send that link again.

3. Do I have to wait to hear from NVC before I can check any kind of status on that site.

4. Do you have any idea how long it might take from now on for my wife to get an immigrant visa.

Thank you,
Aha.

ahacali said:
Hi visaapplicant,

I am a US citizen, applied I-130 for my wife who lives in the Philippines. I recently received the I-130 approval letter, and was informed the files will be sent to NVC. Can you please help me with the following questions:

Congratulations on your 130 approval! Could you please share your timeline: Which service center did you apply to? When did you apply and how long did it take for approval?

ahacali said:
1. How long does it normally take to hear something from NVC?

2. You provided a link to look for status. That link is not working and I browsed the travel.state.gov site, but could not find a page there that gives timelines. Can you please send that link again.

3. Do I have to wait to hear from NVC before I can check any kind of status on that site.

4. Do you have any idea how long it might take from now on for my wife to get an immigrant visa.

Thank you,
Aha.

Questions 1, 2 & 3 are answered in FAQ on the page below
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1309.html

Q4 - depends on many factors. There are a number of steps to be completed at NVC. When they are all complete, NVC will send the file to the overseas consulate. The consulate will schedule the interview.

Good Luck!