NVC forwarded the case to Chennai on June 5 2007

NVC process

Dont worry EB... once the NVC receives the ds230 it will start processing the application. once the application processing is done.. the application basically sits there until the priority date becomes current. since no category will be current until october it will not even send to consulates. once it send to consulate it will take almost 2 months for u to get the interview scheduled from the consulate if it is current.

Also you can email the consulate with the NVC case number and get the status if it is sent to the consulate. And very well you can tell them the legitimate situation and they will be happy to reschedule the appointment for you.

All the best...

Couple of questions on how NVC works:

1. I doubt if NVC would hold cases once Packet 3 is initiated. I guess the documents wouls reach respective Consulates and sleep there.
2. VISA numbers for some catogories may be available in September as USCIS is returning 1000s of VISA numbers back to DOS.

Welwin...I am confident on the first point since it clearly mentions in the package DS230 that NVC will hold the application after proccessing and will send to the respective consulate when it is current. some times the date might be current and they send it to the consulate but before consulate could schedule any appointments the date gets retrogressed and that could be possible scenario for the applications sleeping at the consulate.

Regarding the second point , I am not sure ... since it might be possible to get some visa numbers returned.

Got my PCC and BC from Sanfrancisco Indian Consulate. Keeping my fingers crossed for the appointment schedule.

Chennai interviews for September

Looks like whole bunch of people are scheduled for CP in chennai for EB category.

MDR2007525006 E2 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2005863016 E2 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2006184021 E1 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2007117002 E1 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2007518033 E2 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2005255004 E2 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2006251003 E2 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2007156025 E1 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2007164001 E1 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2007122022 E2 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2007106001 E2 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2007518028 E1 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2005311005 E1 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2006694025 E1 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2005618007 E1 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM
MDR2007539020 E2 26-Sep-2007 8:00 AM

Guys please post your priority dates and details in cptracker.com or trackitt.com so that other members might find the information usefull.

AOS and CP?

Hi..What happens if somebody has been called for CP interview and file 485 as well considering the situation...?

Can I revoke 485 at that point?
Guys..Please advice...

NVC has forwaded my case to Consulate ....

Welwin...I am confident on the first point since it clearly mentions in the package DS230 that NVC will hold the application after proccessing and will send to the respective consulate when it is current. some times the date might be current and they send it to the consulate but before consulate could schedule any appointments the date gets retrogressed and that could be possible scenario for the applications sleeping at the consulate.

Regarding the second point , I am not sure ... since it might be possible to get some visa numbers returned.

NVC has forwarded my case to Consulate(Chennai) after reviewing Packet 3.

I just want to highlight here that cases are being forwarded to consulates despite the fact that the PD is not current for any category!

Now, the last step. Interview Call. I still hope there is a slim chance that for cases that are reaching respective consulates by August end may get interview scheduled before end of this year as there are thousands of unused VISA numbers that USCIS have returned and also 8000 family VISA numbers that were unused (in 2006?).

What is the prioirity date for CP?

Guys, I need clarification on what the prioirity date is? Is it the date on which the I-140 is applied for? I am in the EB1 category so there is no Labor Cert.

Thanks!

Yes, I140 filing date is PD

Guys, I need clarification on what the prioirity date is? Is it the date on which the I-140 is applied for? I am in the EB1 category so there is no Labor Cert.

Thanks!

Yes, if you do not have Labor Cet, then your I140 filing date is your PD.

Please Help Urgent

Hi guys,

I search on net about information related to my case but in this forum i found some proper answers which is closely related to my case.

Kindly please help me in following case.

My grandmother is permanent resident (Green Card Holder) and she filed for visa under F2B category for my mother in august 1997. As my mother is divorcee so she become a immidiate relative. At the same time my grandmother added my and my sister's name in the petition. We were 15 and 12 years old respectively at that time. Now in august 2006 we got priority date and our no. is current. We filled DS-230 for my mom, me and my sister and NIC sent all papers to Mumbai office in July, 2007. Me and my sister are aged out and 26 and 23 years respectively. But we completed our age out after 6th August 2002 so CSPA would be applied on us.

I would like to know Are we (Me and my sister) eligible for Green Card? Also kindly tell me approximately how much time it will take to get interview date from mumbai office?

Hi guys!

Did any of you have to get a PCC from the Indian Embassy in Houston? If so, how much time do they take?
Also, how many days before the appointment do we receive Packet 4?

Thanks!

Here is the link to the Dept of State Cable to Consulates & Embassies on CSPA

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1429.html

The Consular Officer will subtract the time it took for the USCIS to approve your I130 immig petition from your current age. If that is less than 21 years, as long as you are currently unmarried and have filed the DS230 within a year of your priority date becoming current, you are good to go. These rules are same for family sponsored and employment based. When you go for the interview, be patient and confident. They may not take your papers at first till they complete their back office CSPA calculations. That will take 30 mins to an hour. But be confident and you will be thru! If they do a mistake and say you are not covered, request them to seek a cable opinion from Dept Of State and they will confirm you are protected under CSPA. I do not think this situation will arise, most of the consular/embassy staff are pretty good at working this out!

Best of Luck and as they say in Delhi, SAT SRI AKAL JI!

H

Hi guys,

I search on net about information related to my case but in this forum i found some proper answers which is closely related to my case.

Kindly please help me in following case.

My grandmother is permanent resident (Green Card Holder) and she filed for visa under F2B category for my mother in august 1997. As my mother is divorcee so she become a immidiate relative. At the same time my grandmother added my and my sister's name in the petition. We were 15 and 12 years old respectively at that time. Now in august 2006 we got priority date and our no. is current. We filled DS-230 for my mom, me and my sister and NIC sent all papers to Mumbai office in July, 2007. Me and my sister are aged out and 26 and 23 years respectively. But we completed our age out after 6th August 2002 so CSPA would be applied on us.

I would like to know Are we (Me and my sister) eligible for Green Card? Also kindly tell me approximately how much time it will take to get interview date from mumbai office?

RE: Here is the link to the Dept of State Cable to Consulates & Embassies on CSPA

Hello Sir,

I am really thankfull to you for you words it gave little hope in me and my sister. But we got another confusion. My mother got visa call from Mumbai Office on 4th October but the call is for my mother only. We are seeking guidance in it. Is there any procedure to get call letter from bombay office?.

If no visa call then me and my sister can not enter with my mom for interview.

Kindly please guide us. I really tried to contact no. of people and even lawyers but could not get proper answers. Please let me know how to get visa call?

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1429.html

The Consular Officer will subtract the time it took for the USCIS to approve your I130 immig petition from your current age. If that is less than 21 years, as long as you are currently unmarried and have filed the DS230 within a year of your priority date becoming current, you are good to go. These rules are same for family sponsored and employment based. When you go for the interview, be patient and confident. They may not take your papers at first till they complete their back office CSPA calculations. That will take 30 mins to an hour. But be confident and you will be thru! If they do a mistake and say you are not covered, request them to seek a cable opinion from Dept Of State and they will confirm you are protected under CSPA. I do not think this situation will arise, most of the consular/embassy staff are pretty good at working this out!

Best of Luck and as they say in Delhi, SAT SRI AKAL JI!

H

Kindly HELP please

Please let me know how to get visa call? My mom got visa call but my and my sister name is missing in call. What to do? Please urgent guidance required..

Hello Sir,

I am really thankfull to you for you words it gave little hope in me and my sister. But we got another confusion. My mother got visa call from Mumbai Office on 4th October but the call is for my mother only. We are seeking guidance in it. Is there any procedure to get call letter from bombay office?.

If no visa call then me and my sister can not enter with my mom for interview.

Kindly please guide us. I really tried to contact no. of people and even lawyers but could not get proper answers. Please let me know how to get visa call?

Bantiji,

I checked the case of a family sponsored immigrant. They immigrated about 4 years earlier. Only the principal beneficiary got the call letter from the Chennai Consulate. His dependents (who had been included in the I130 application & for whom separate DS230s had been filed) went with him and got immigrant visas. Same is true for Employment based Immigrant Visas. So, there may not be reason to panic. If you can call the Consulate and get your doubts clarified, that is great. You need to understand that they will be cryptic, because we, the beneficiaries in our great anticipation think that they said yes or agreed with us, and to avoid such mis-understandings the consulate staff tend to be cryptic! They may not even answer specific emails.

On the day of the interview at the Consulate/Embassy, all of you please go there. I believe they will allow all three of you to go in with the same interview call letter. If they refuse at the gate and allow only one of you in, whoever is allowed can go in and talk to the counter staff who will pull up your case, look it up and issue a permission slip for the rest of the members to join. With that you can come out and get them in.

So, Best of Luck, be confident and patient. They handle tons of cases so they know their stuff. Carry all the required papers neatly organized!

H
Please let me know how to get visa call? My mom got visa call but my and my sister name is missing in call. What to do? Please urgent guidance required..

bluez25,

i have been in the green card process since October 2001 and i still haven't recd my GC yet. I applied under CP and file reached b'bay consulate in Aug.2005 and i never got the interview till July 2nd, 2007 when my PD became current but i could never go to the interview becoz i changed jobs out of frustration and restarted the process under EB2. Bottomline.....don't get too excited becoz your file has reach the madras consulate.....you will be called for an interview only when you PD is current. And given that your PD is 2006, you have a long way to go unless the USCIS has a brain fart and they make all PD's current.

Good luck.

:eek: :(

Hi Vman,

I respect your experience and advice. At the same time I would like to let you know that I am not too late for this GC game since my earlier PD was 2003 and gave up after 3 years wait time because of the employer problem. Now I am at the 7th year end and just got 3 years extension until 2010 and thought would be good to wait for the CP instead since it has already been sent to chennai consulate.

I had an edge towards applying 485 after seeing u r post and lot of other brothers posting in here saying that we will never get another chance., But I am thinking of buying this lottery ticket which will publish its result in oct 2007. Lets see..........:) :rolleyes: :eek: :D ;) :p

Sir, God Bless you

Hello Sir,

Really thanks for your reply which gave peace to the minds. Today i called to Mumbai Consulate so the lady told me same that if you and your sister will be eligible for CSPA then your mom can call you inside.

Our mind is really not in the situation to think anything else except this issue. We were waiting from last 10 years and i wish me and my sister can get visa with my mom. My whole family is there in USA and only we three over here. I hope we can meet our family.

Thanking you again Sir.

I checked the case of a family sponsored immigrant. They immigrated about 4 years earlier. Only the principal beneficiary got the call letter from the Chennai Consulate. His dependents (who had been included in the I130 application & for whom separate DS230s had been filed) went with him and got immigrant visas. Same is true for Employment based Immigrant Visas. So, there may not be reason to panic. If you can call the Consulate and get your doubts clarified, that is great. You need to understand that they will be cryptic, because we, the beneficiaries in our great anticipation think that they said yes or agreed with us, and to avoid such mis-understandings the consulate staff tend to be cryptic! They may not even answer specific emails.

On the day of the interview at the Consulate/Embassy, all of you please go there. I believe they will allow all three of you to go in with the same interview call letter. If they refuse at the gate and allow only one of you in, whoever is allowed can go in and talk to the counter staff who will pull up your case, look it up and issue a permission slip for the rest of the members to join. With that you can come out and get them in.

So, Best of Luck, be confident and patient. They handle tons of cases so they know their stuff. Carry all the required papers neatly organized!

H