NVC forwarded the case to Chennai on June 5 2007

DS230I time frame

Hi Willwin,

My attorney received the packet yesterday by mail. It was sent by NVC on June 11 and the post mark on the packet says the same. I guess, it takes 2-3 weeks from the date, NVC mails the document.

You can download DS230 I for each applicant and keep it ready. what they send is the instruction sheet along with bar code. Without this bar code, you can not send DS 230I.

Thanks Tude!

Hi Willwin,

My attorney received the packet yesterday by mail. It was sent by NVC on June 11 and the post mark on the packet says the same. I guess, it takes 2-3 weeks from the date, NVC mails the document.

You can download DS230 I for each applicant and keep it ready. what they send is the instruction sheet along with bar code. Without this bar code, you can not send DS 230I.

Thank you Tude!

So, NVC would send the barcode "stickers" (one for each petitioner) besides the instruction sheet. And, 230 I has to be downloaded from website and NVC does not send the Forms, right?

Ds230

Hi,
I received one letter with bar code. Last time, I had received 2 bar codes separately one for me and my wife.

But, DS230 I needs to be filled for each applicant. NVC does not send these forms.

Does 230I expire?

Hi,
I received one letter with bar code. Last time, I had received 2 bar codes separately one for me and my wife.

But, DS230 I needs to be filled for each applicant. NVC does not send these forms.

Tude,

I am confused when you said last time you got 2 barcodes! Does that mean you are sending 230 I for the second time? If yes, why? Does 230I expire after certain time period and has to be sent again? Please clarify.

Confusion

Tude,

I am confused when you said last time you got 2 barcodes! Does that mean you are sending 230 I for the second time? If yes, why? Does 230I expire after certain time period and has to be sent again? Please clarify.

Sorry for the confusion,

When I said last time means, while filing the fees, I had received 2 barcodes one for each applicant. I have sent 230 only for the first time..I do not think, there is any expiration for that form...

What should we do now? CP or AOS

Bluez,

I guess, you must be confused too..which way to follow CP or 485? Any opinion..My PD is july 2004..and I sent my DS 230I yesterday..Don't know what to do?

What worst can be expected from oct retrogession?

I will stay with CP

Hey Tude,

I am planning to stay put on the CP since it has already sent to chennai consulate. By seeing the reactions of these USCIS I certainly dont want to go for 485.

I got my 3 years extension based on 140 approval until 2010. So I think once the October gate opens up, we should probably get a chance.

In the August bulletin if you closely watch the appoinments I see the numbers that got generated after mine is given appoinmnets for IR category. So it all matters that they have numbers for the EB category which I assume will get a chance in october or november time frame.....

:D :D It is good to be optimistic, but not when it comes to predicting DOS visa bulltin for future. Your PD is 2006, which is too ealry. Keep this post bookmarked and see how you feel when Oct bulletin comes out. My PD is Oct'02 and I had been waiting since Jan'2005 when PD moved back first time and I had one week to file 485 and I didn't do it hoping that Jan2006 bulletin won't affect me, but they moved it to 2001 and since then probably you know what is going on although you came late in the GC game in 2006.

If your interview is not schedule in Jul, don't waste time (as it will hard to get medicals now) and file 485 as this opprtunity will not come back until next may or june.

-vman
Hey Tude,

I am planning to stay put on the CP since it has already sent to chennai consulate. By seeing the reactions of these USCIS I certainly dont want to go for 485.

I got my 3 years extension based on 140 approval until 2010. So I think once the October gate opens up, we should probably get a chance.

In the August bulletin if you closely watch the appoinments I see the numbers that got generated after mine is given appoinmnets for IR category. So it all matters that they have numbers for the EB category which I assume will get a chance in october or november time frame.....

hi there

i got my I140 approved in march 2007 and my lawyer told me that i cannot file or start CP processing untill my PD (mar 2005) gets current. Is this true?

Can i start my CP processing which is Packet I and then send them DS230 and when the numbers are open for PD mar 2005, cosulate generate visa number for me.

Will appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Shifter_dude

i got my I140 approved in march 2007 and my lawyer told me that i cannot file or start CP processing untill my PD (mar 2005) gets current. Is this true?

Can i start my CP processing which is Packet I and then send them DS230 and when the numbers are open for PD mar 2005, cosulate generate visa number for me.

Will appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Shifter_dude

Thanks..

:D :D It is good to be optimistic, but not when it comes to predicting DOS visa bulltin for future. Your PD is 2006, which is too ealry. Keep this post bookmarked and see how you feel when Oct bulletin comes out. My PD is Oct'02 and I had been waiting since Jan'2005 when PD moved back first time and I had one week to file 485 and I didn't do it hoping that Jan2006 bulletin won't affect me, but they moved it to 2001 and since then probably you know what is going on although you came late in the GC game in 2006.

If your interview is not schedule in Jul, don't waste time (as it will hard to get medicals now) and file 485 as this opprtunity will not come back until next may or june.

-vman

vman...

Thanks for your opinion..My pd is july 2004..Should I take a chance to wait for CP?

:eek: :(

-vman

Hi Vman,

I respect your experience and advice. At the same time I would like to let you know that I am not too late for this GC game since my earlier PD was 2003 and gave up after 3 years wait time because of the employer problem. Now I am at the 7th year end and just got 3 years extension until 2010 and thought would be good to wait for the CP instead since it has already been sent to chennai consulate.

I had an edge towards applying 485 after seeing u r post and lot of other brothers posting in here saying that we will never get another chance., But I am thinking of buying this lottery ticket which will publish its result in oct 2007. Lets see..........:) :rolleyes: :eek: :D ;) :p

Bluez25, I wish you good luck on your lottery and pray PD becomes availabe again for everyone on Oct.

Mine interview is on Jul 24th and will let you all know of outcome on 24th.

-vman

File 485 and don't revoke CP(if your case is already with NVC or cons.). You can go parallelly with both, but once one petition is approved you have to cancel other. So let us assume begining Oct, you get call for interview, go for CP and revoke 485 petition.

Check with exp. attorney.

-vman

Vman,

By the way what happened to your july interview.???? any experience share...

vman...

Thanks for your opinion..My pd is july 2004..Should I take a chance to wait for CP?

Thanks a lot

File 485 and don't revoke CP(if your case is already with NVC or cons.). You can go parallelly with both, but once one petition is approved you have to cancel other. So let us assume begining Oct, you get call for interview, go for CP and revoke 485 petition.

-vman

Thanks a lot Vman...

and I wish all the best to you and your family for the interview. Please update us about your interview..

-
Tude

-vman

Good Luck vman. I wish you every luck to come your way buddy. Your suggestion seem to be viable and interesting. Let me check with my lawyer and see if thats possible to go parallel.

Good Luck vman. I wish you every luck to come your way buddy. Your suggestion seem to be viable and interesting. Let me check with my lawyer and see if thats possible to go parallel.
Hi bluez25, All,

We sent out our DS230 to NVC last week. Looking at various portals I have concluded that NVC usually sends it to the consulate in 2-3 weeks. Since no category is current now (I am EB1) I am really not expecting a date soon. Is there a way to check with the consulate on the status? Have you tried that? I also have another issue, which is that we are expecting our first baby in Jan and my wife will not be able to travel after mid-november.

So, if we get a date after that, I guess I'll have to ask them to postpone to March next year or so.

Do share your thoughts.

Dont worry EB... once the NVC receives the ds230 it will start processing the application. once the application processing is done.. the application basically sits there until the priority date becomes current. since no category will be current until october it will not even send to consulates. once it send to consulate it will take almost 2 months for u to get the interview scheduled from the consulate if it is current.

Also you can email the consulate with the NVC case number and get the status if it is sent to the consulate. And very well you can tell them the legitimate situation and they will be happy to reschedule the appointment for you.

All the best...