NVC Fee receipt

bulandhausla

Registered Users (C)
Hi Alren, Raju and other CP experts -

I have three questions with respect to the Fee receipt process

1. What is the average time for the attorney to receive the fee bill after NVC assigns a case number ? On cptracker the average time varies a lot. I just need a ball park

2. Can I pay the fee bill myself instead of the attorney paying it and then getting reimbursed

3. CAn I now apply for my PCC ? I just don't want to be in a situation that I get my PCC done too soon and then it is more than 6 months old when I go for the Consular interview

Thanks Always

1) between 2-4 weeks,
2) Don't see a reason why not!
3) Unless your attorney wants to see it while sending P3, I would wait till after sending P3.

Concur with the above post.

You can keep the MO or a Cashier's check made out to 'Department of State'
ready, so that the attorney can respond immediately upon receiving the fee
bill. (Keep the counter-foil or a photo copy of the instrument with you).

Raju

Thank you guys !!

bulandhausla said:
Hi Alren, Raju and other CP experts -

I have three questions with respect to the Fee receipt process

1. What is the average time for the attorney to receive the fee bill after NVC assigns a case number ? On cptracker the average time varies a lot. I just need a ball park

2. Can I pay the fee bill myself instead of the attorney paying it and then getting reimbursed

3. CAn I now apply for my PCC ? I just don't want to be in a situation that I get my PCC done too soon and then it is more than 6 months old when I go for the Consular interview

Thanks Always

All CP Gurus,

I too am in the same boat - NVC has created the case and has Form No:3032 on file. Since I want to be a bit proactive - my question is - Should I take a seperate cashier's check for each applicant or can I take one consolidated one? Also is it in favour of "Department of State"?

snm65 said:
All CP Gurus,

I too am in the same boat - NVC has created the case and has Form No:3032 on file. Since I want to be a bit proactive - my question is - Should I take a seperate cashier's check for each applicant or can I take one consolidated one? Also is it in favour of "Department of State"?

You may take the MO or Cashier's check made out in the name of 'Department
of State'.

Coming to the question of whether you can club the payment for all the
attendees, my personal opinion is, it is better to take single one for
all combined. This way it is easier for both NVC and you (in tracking the
encashment date). In my case I have sent one single instrument for myself
and my family.

However candidates have been submitting independent instruments also.

So, it is your choice.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

Quick question:

My message says "NVC has received the Fee Bill on aug 16 and will send further instructions".

Does this mean that they are in the process of creating Packet 3?? I see on Cptracker.com that people have dates for "St Louis notifying NVC of Fee receipt" ?? Are there any other steps between now and when NVC sends Packet 3??

What should I be expecting as a next message from NVC??

Thanks.
S

sanjay76 said:
Folks,

Quick question:

My message says "NVC has received the Fee Bill on aug 16 and will send further instructions".

Does this mean that they are in the process of creating Packet 3?? I see on Cptracker.com that people have dates for "St Louis notifying NVC of Fee receipt" ?? Are there any other steps between now and when NVC sends Packet 3??

What should I be expecting as a next message from NVC??

Thanks.
S

I think the message will change again when packet 3 is generated and sent
out to your attorney. This will happen in about a weeks time.

In the meanwhile to cut down the turn-around time, download the DS 230
part I forms from web and fill them up. Ask your attorney whether these
forms are the only ones required to send back with Packet 3. (The reason
I say this is , some attorney offices will insist on seeing all the documents
like birth certificate, affidavits, PCC themselves before they respond to
packet 3.)

Raju

Thanks a lot Raju! My attorney did tell me to collect birth certificate and marriage cert etc. I do not think he needs these for the DS230 Form. He sent me a Questionnaire to fill out that asks all the questions that are in DS230. he will use it to fill my DS230.

One question I had regarding the DS230 form that is available on the Internet. It has an expiry date of 5/31/2004. Should I ask my lawyer to fill out this form and keep it ready for the arrival of Packet3 so that it can be sent ASAP after P3 is received or do we have to use the DS230 received in the Packet 3. Do you remember what you did??

Thanks
S

Raju595 said:

packet 3.)

Raju

sanjay76 said:
Thanks a lot Raju! My attorney did tell me to collect birth certificate and marriage cert etc. I do not think he needs these for the DS230 Form. He sent me a Questionnaire to fill out that asks all the questions that are in DS230. he will use it to fill my DS230.

One question I had regarding the DS230 form that is available on the Internet. It has an expiry date of 5/31/2004. Should I ask my lawyer to fill out this form and keep it ready for the arrival of Packet3 so that it can be sent ASAP after P3 is received or do we have to use the DS230 received in the Packet 3. Do you remember what you did??

Thanks
S

I know for a fact that you don't have to use the forms that come in packet 3.
Even if you receive them they are only courtesy copies and they may not
send the required number of forms for all the candidates. In my case we kept the forms ready and sent them out with the packet 3 enclosers like bar-code sheet etc.

So, on your part you may fill everything and ask your attorney's office to
review it. That way in one or two cycles you will have the form properly
filled out.

Raju

How do I know if NVC requires DS 3032

snm65 said:
All CP Gurus,

I had signed a Notice of Entry for Attorney while filing for I-140. Message at NVC tells me case has been created and notification has been sent to "lawyer". Does this mean the fee receipt is generated? How can I find out if DS 3032 is required?
NVC case created: 08/18/2004 I-140 AD 07/26/2004
Thanks

Guys,
The AVM message at NVC for my case no now says that fee bill has been generated and will be send early. When should i expect the fee bill now?

thanks,
spb999

Thanks Raju.

As of today, me message changed to say " NVC is awaiting the return of Biographic Forms from lawyer. Once the packet is received, please allow 6-8 weeks for the outcome of the review".

Does this mean that Packet 3 is on the way? If yes, how long does it typically take to get to the lawyer?

Thanks
S

Raju595 said:

packet 3.)

Raju

sanjay76 said:
Thanks Raju.

As of today, me message changed to say " NVC is awaiting the return of Biographic Forms from lawyer. Once the packet is received, please allow 6-8 weeks for the outcome of the review".

Does this mean that Packet 3 is on the way? If yes, how long does it typically take to get to the lawyer?

Thanks
S
I think that is the P3 which the NVC is reviewing.

Alren, I have not received the P3 so far.. I wanted to ask if this means that NVC has sent P3 to the lawyer.... and if so how long does it take for the lawyer to receive the same...
S

alren said:
I think that is the P3 which the NVC is reviewing.