NVC : Does anyone know how long does it take to get I140 from NVC

neha

I talked to IIO last week, she said they are waiting for my I-140 petition from NVC(National Visa Center). she said same thing when I last called on Nov 28, 01. DO any one know how long does it take to get this from NVS to VSC. I guess people waiting for approval for Dec/Jan are having this problem.. please post...

My ND: Jan 25, 2001
   PD: Dec 2000

No Title

I am pretty sure, that your I-140 petition might have been sent to a consulate by now. You can call NVC, and they give you the exact date on which they have sent it to the consulate. Get the case # (it is different from your I-140 EAC #) from them and send a mail to the consulate. Also, talk to your lawyer and have VSC initiate a request to get the I-140 from the consulate. ( I still do not know, whether VSC requires the I-140 in such cases, but what I do know,is that NVC will not request the I-140 from the consulate, only VSC has to request it.)

thanks for surinj, how do we contact NVC?

Can please let me know the details on how to contact the NVC (ph#) and why would NVC send the I-140 to consulate? IIO told me that VSC has requested for my I-140 petition from NVC. Do I need to contact consulte(Which one?) for forward the petition to VSC. appriciate your help!