Nunc Pro Tunc status

Gala

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,
I haven't been here in awhile.......but the aggravation starts to build up again.
Back in April my daughter who is now 26 yr/old was asked to file for NUNC PRO and on Jun 8,2006 her application was approved and the folks at the asylum office said that they would send her file back to Nebrska on the next business day, but we HAVE NOT heard from NSC since .......Oh my GOD what's goin' on...........her original i-485 Receipt date is Jun 21, 2000........and she is still pending. We called the 1-800 # and were told that we have to wait for at least 6 months from the time her NUNC PRO was approved till we can file for Refferal Resulution Request or something like that which is basically a research on her file........
I CANNOT BELIEVE this is happening.

P.S. Her LUD hasn't changed since 04/16/06...which is almost two months before her NUNC interview....which in turn makes me think that NSC have NOT received her file yet even though it's already been almost 2 months since the interview.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thank you all in advance.

Gala

Last edited by a moderator:
Gala
What you describe is almost exactly my own story, except I had no updates on my on-line status since 02/09/06. NPT was in April, as well. I wrote to the NSC, Asylum Office, Ombudsman - all to no avail. Now I put together paperwork to sue the CIS. Frankly, I see no other way to make them pay attention and suggest that everybody in the same situation does the same. We need to slam them with as many lawsuits as possible.

Gala said:
Hello folks,
I haven't been here in awhile.......but the aggravation starts to build up again.
Back in April my daughter who is now 26 yr/old was asked to file for NUNC PRO and on Jun 8,2006 her application was approved and the folks at the asylum office said that they would send her file back to Nebrska on the next business day, but we HAVE NOT heard from NSC since .......Oh my GOD what's goin' on...........her original i-485 Receipt date is Jun 21, 2000........and she is still pending. We called the 1-800 # and were told that we have to wait for at least 6 months from the time her NUNC PRO was approved till we can file for Refferal Resulution Request or something like that which is basically a research on her file........
I CANNOT BELIEVE this is happening.

P.S. Her LUD hasn't changed since 04/16/06...which is almost two months before her NUNC interview....which in turn makes me think that NSC have NOT received her file yet even though it's already been almost 2 months since the interview.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thank you all in advance.

Gala

Mr. Gala: Your daughter's case is closer to approval. My case was transferred to asylum office in Dec. 2005. I had the interview in Aprill in 2006. Aprill 14 I got the asylum approval. I mailed the approval to NSC. I got greencard approval in May 25 in 2006. My original notice was July 21, 2001. So I think what you need is to wait for a while....

Gala,

If all the "normal" efforts failed, you have to spend some time typing up a Complaint and exhibits, and send them to DHS General Counsel Office. That way they know that you only are counting 30 days and ready to file. It looks it works sometime; if it is not, go to district court and file it. You'll get answer in 30 days to 90 days guaranteed. :D

thankful said:
Gala,

Contact USCIS Headquarters and complain.

Are you talking about a formal complaint or call them up on the phone and bitch about this crazy delay....

Gala
Let me share what worked for me. On 07/10/06 I mailed a request to forward my file to the NSC, if it hadn's been done to the AO, which conducted my NPT interview. Among other things, I mentioned that if I do not hear from either that office of the NSC by 08/01/06, they both would be specifically named as defendants in the lawsuit agianst the CIS. The result came today:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN01********

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 28, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence
or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you
a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our
processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link
below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

So, the positive thing is: they finally started moving their asses. What looks not so encouraging is it appears like they are treating it as a new filing. In a couple of days I will send another gentle reminder with even more copies of what not - this way they will have no grounds to claim that some document is missing. I will get yet another confirmation that I tried to contact them in case I will end up suing the CIS. I have a stack of mail receipts - a proof that administrative remedies are exhausted and I have a good cause to seek judicial review.

Gala said:
Are you talking about a formal complaint or call them up on the phone and bitch about this crazy delay....

I mean just a conversation which often will get the ball moving without the need to file a suit.

Morning said:
Gala
Let me share what worked for me. On 07/10/06 I mailed a request to forward my file to the NSC, if it hadn's been done to the AO, which conducted my NPT interview. Among other things, I mentioned that if I do not hear from either that office of the NSC by 08/01/06, they both would be specifically named as defendants in the lawsuit agianst the CIS. The result came today:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN01********

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 28, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence
or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you
a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our
processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link
below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

So, the positive thing is: they finally started moving their asses. What looks not so encouraging is it appears like they are treating it as a new filing. In a couple of days I will send another gentle reminder with even more copies of what not - this way they will have no grounds to claim that some document is missing. I will get yet another confirmation that I tried to contact them in case I will end up suing the CIS. I have a stack of mail receipts - a proof that administrative remedies are exhausted and I have a good cause to seek judicial review.

Morning: there was about 5 weeks when I got this message and when I got the plastic greencard. I think you close to getting it now;however, as you have mentioned, do not rest. Send them reminders, so that they may not forget your cases in the stacks...good luck...

faysal
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will certainly keep bugging them until everything's done right. I anticipate, based on my extensive previos experience with the INS - CIS, that they will put the wrong name on the card, even though I informed them about the change more than a month ago. I'm ready! :rolleyes:

I agree with what Faysal said. We have to keep reminding her. I know exactly how government employees work, because my wife works at social service, and there are a bunch of lazy azz who don't even care if a baby can have enough milk for next month or no (of course my wife not noe of those... :)). On the words, they will do the cases whenever they want to do it. It has been two weeks since I mailed my asylum approval and the new I-94 copy. Havent heard anything since then, no update has been made in my online status, too. We'll see....