Nunc pro tunc approved yet still waiting for GC like no end!

I think my daughter GC is near

Hello folks

My daughter got her NPT asylum granted and I-94 on 09/06 dated 11/01.
First her case was transfered from NSC to Arlington asylum office on 03/06 for NPT, on 12/18/06 her case was transfered again to NSC for I-485 processing.
I don't know how long will take she gets her GC, but we think she is close to get it.

Regards

Travelco
GC holder

Travelco

How about your daughter,s case?coz i have same process as hers.seems things likes no ends.............any nunc pro tunc people got green card recently??

Still Witing

Travelco

How about your daughter,s case?coz i have same process as hers.seems things likes no ends.............any nunc pro tunc people got green card recently??

Hey Samual

My daughter is still waiting her GC. She sent an e-mail on 02/15/07 to NSC, and they replayed her on 02/27/07: "Your case has been ordered for review. Thank you.". But since nothing has happened.
I don't understand how USCIS works.:mad:

Travelco
GC Holder since 01/05

hey Travelco

today i just check my case status online ,see there is newest update on 03/31/07 ,jesus ,r u kidding me ,i check calender that was saturday,donot tell me they workin my case that much hard ..but hopefuly good news coming soon...let me know your daughter's case developement is possible

Hey Samual

My daughter is still waiting her GC. She sent an e-mail on 02/15/07 to NSC, and they replayed her on 02/27/07: "Your case has been ordered for review. Thank you.". But since nothing has happened.
I don't understand how USCIS works.:mad:

Travelco
GC Holder since 01/05

COULD YOU SEND ME THE EMAIL ADRESS TO CONTACT NEBRASKA OFFICE.

Nunc Pro Tunc Nightmare

Hello everyone,

My situation is very similar as Coldplay's. I apply for my greencard on October 2002. On January 2006, i received a letter from USCIS stating that i'd have to apply for nunc pro tunc. I finally got my NPT interview on May 2006 at the Miami asylum office and it was until October 2006 when i received the approval (new I-94 dated September 2001). Up until now my case is pending at NSC after 5 month of approval. I've been in this ordeal for 5 years, so I'm getting really desperate to get my greencard.
Does anybody knows how long does this process takes? this is already becoming a nightmare.
I'm very happy i found this forum where people like me can be informed on all kind of inmigration cases and situations.

Thank you in advance,

Pechyta

congratuation for your daughter Travelco

i am wondering now my figerprint for 485 probably expired now,coz the whole npt process took about almost one year,i had anwser from asylum office my figerprint will expired january 07 ,dont know what is next step for my case now.hope my good news coming soon~~god bless all of npt applicatants!

Hello everyone,

My situation is very similar as Coldplay's. I apply for my greencard on October 2002. On January 2006, i received a letter from USCIS stating that i'd have to apply for nunc pro tunc. I finally got my NPT interview on May 2006 at the Miami asylum office and it was until October 2006 when i received the approval (new I-94 dated September 2001). Up until now my case is pending at NSC after 5 month of approval. I've been in this ordeal for 5 years, so I'm getting really desperate to get my greencard.
Does anybody knows how long does this process takes? this is already becoming a nightmare.
I'm very happy i found this forum where people like me can be informed on all kind of inmigration cases and situations.

Thank you in advance,

Pechyta
i did try send email to uscis which provide by Tevelco ,but unfortunelly didnot receive any reply yet after a month already ,will try again if no update in 20 days ..u can do so too ~

i did try send email to uscis which provide by Tevelco ,but unfortunelly didnot receive any reply yet after a month already ,will try again if no update in 20 days ..u can do so too ~

Samual

My daughter sent an e-mail to NSC and the first time they answered her a month later, but after that nothing happened, she didn't get any update, then I adviced her to send a second e-mail. She was waiting some answer when suddenly she got an e-mail saying she was aproved.
I think if you have not received answer yet, then send them another e-mail.
Good luck

Travelco
LPR

HI Travelco

I got question about my case ,coz i just received reply from nsc which said

Your fingerprints have expired. Expect a notification soon regarding a new
fingerprint appointment. As soon as that is completed, processing of your case
will be continued. Thank you.

not like case will be review,(so sad)

did your daughter receive any figerprint notice after npt interview??

HI Travelco

I got question about my case ,coz i just received reply from nsc which said

Your fingerprints have expired. Expect a notification soon regarding a new
fingerprint appointment. As soon as that is completed, processing of your case
will be continued. Thank you.

not like case will be review,(so sad)

did your daughter receive any figerprint notice after npt interview??

I'm sorry Samual

Definitely nobody know how USCIS works. My daughter had fingerprints on october/2005 and then on august/2006 before NPT interview, but she didn't have fingerprints after her NPT was aproved. After being aproved her case just was transfered to NSC again and three months later her GC was aproved.
Good luck

Travelco

Thanks.

i will schede info pass to uscis try apply fro schelde figerprint date..hope i works~

any body has this kind of processing?

12,2006 got nunc pro tunc approval from asylum office ,then they transfer 485 file and npt letter back to nsc...i try send email,call 1800 ..nothing update.but after i send second email to them july 30.2007..see what i got

amazing~~~~man~~i got fast process which is they transfer my whole file back to asylum office ,here is what i got from email box :

On July 31, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NEWARK ASYLUM OFFICE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NEWARK ASYLUM OFFICE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

nothing will be end ~~man ,disapoint with this kind reply~~really tire of this ,may think about hire a lawyer to sue them next few month when they did not end this ~do u guys think i should sue them or...my 485 since 2002

12,2006 got nunc pro tunc approval from asylum office ,then they transfer 485 file and npt letter back to nsc...i try send email,call 1800 ..nothing update.but after i send second email to them july 30.2007..see what i got

amazing~~~~man~~i got fast process which is they transfer my whole file back to asylum office ,here is what i got from email box :

On July 31, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NEWARK ASYLUM OFFICE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NEWARK ASYLUM OFFICE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

nothing will be end ~~man ,disapoint with this kind reply~~really tire of this ,may think about hire a lawyer to sue them next few month when they did not end this ~do u guys think i should sue them or...my 485 since 2002

Man, this time it is not a joke. they are serious. Asylum offices do not process greencards; I think they are reviewing your original grant of asylum. If you were approved for asylum and then for nunc pro tucn and you are back to asylum office, you will need to hire lawyer. It is very serious matter...I don't mean to scare of you, but your situation is very serious...do you know anything that may have triggered this action...any crime, change in country situation....

Same thing happened to me too!

My nunc pro tunc was approved in May, and my I-485 case was transferred to NSC shortly after. However, yesterday I just got the same letter as yours saying my case was transferred back to Newark office. Wonder what happened. :mad:
Please keep me updated.

well, my background very clear.nothing happened after i enter usa,except one speed ticket,.and paking ticket.and few violation warnings.that is all..
my country didnot change any policy ,will see what happen and of course will take this notice ask lawyer office find more details.just didnot received notice yet....oae0399 :you got letter right??what did they said on it?

Nothing informative on the letter. Just says in order to speed up the processing, they transferred the case to the newark asylum office, and the office will notify me of the decision made on the application.

well, my background very clear.nothing happened after i enter usa,except one speed ticket,.and paking ticket.and few violation warnings.that is all..
my country didnot change any policy ,will see what happen and of course will take this notice ask lawyer office find more details.just didnot received notice yet....oae0399 :you got letter right??what did they said on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you guys are confusing the asylum office with local USCIS office. The local USCIS office processess greencards and some times they transfers files over to them for speedy process, but if the file is transfered back to asylum office, you don't expect for greencard process; rather you expect asylum process..........good luck

Hello to all my NPT friends... how can I start...I'm so depress :( I came to the US on Feb 1992 with my parents and brothers, I was only 13yrs old. Our asylum was granted on April 1998. My family and I applied for the GC on June of 2001. Between then and now I I've been to countless of Fingerprints, and additional information. I think I even signed for my GC (that's when they take a pic, signature, and only one finger gets printed. Anyway, right after that my family received their GC, everybody but me. That's when I had my NPT interview (April 2006) received my NPT approval in (Sep 2006), and still waiting like no end :( I've called the USCIS and whenever I'm able to talk to a "nice" agent, they tell me different things, like "your case is in the MIA assylum office" or "its back at the Nebraska office". I don't know what else to do. I think my case is literally in a "black hole"