Number of visits on 10 yr multiple entry

mallikamt

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I understand that if a tourist visa extension is denied, one will lose their 10 yr multiple entry visa. In order to avoid this from happenning, I am having my dad go back and come back to the US. Can he come back immediately? How often can someone on a 10 yr multiple entry enter the US? Thank you.

-M

I heard Visitor can not return to US with in short time. One of my friend's mom did return to US with in 3 months, but she had serious problems at POE. I think minimum waiting period is 6 months to return back to US. Gurus correct me if I am wrong.
--Venkat

Hi Venkat,

What was her experience at POE. Do you know what questions were asked. Please share with us. Because I was thinking to bring my mom back to the US in a month's time.

Thanks,
Reva.

u enter witna mult entry immediately once u take an exit.i came back in 1 month given 6 months again

Hello Reva,
Immigration officer asked my friend's mother " r u coming US to visit or going India to visit", because she is returning US with in 2 months on visitor visa.
Somehow my friend convinced Immigration people we didn't know this fact and returning back to India alone will be difficult for her looking at her age and health in to consideration, finaly they said ok for this trip, but not any more. This happened at Newark, NJ POE.
Hope this helps.
--Venkat