NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

lp

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone, Anybody has any experience with the Minneapolis N-400 timeline? Previous experiences and timelines please...

Hello lp

Being from the same city, I can sure share my experience. For me my process started in Jan, Fingerprint in Mar, Interview scheduled in July. Based on informal information I would guess it takes about 6-10 months.

All the best with your citizenship process.

A tip: If you need to get infopass appt at bloomington office, go for 8.15 AM time. (or as early as possible). For me it took about 20 minutes wait. On the other hand a previous appt at 11.15 Am resulted in 1hr 20 minutes wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Ravirai, Thanks for your reply...I will be eligible to apply for citizen in this December. Can you list all the documents needed fro citizenship and I would like to hear your views (benefits..) about getting a citizenship. This particular link talks about an exam taking an exam before the interview. Would this help...Can you please check and let me know. http://www.immihelp.com/citizen_questions.html

lp: search the forum with key words such as citizenship benefits, and you will find a lot of discussion on this topic.
Here is one thread..
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=171472

You may want to visit the following site to get aquainted with the process.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/index.htm

I visited the immihelp site. I liked additional answers provided in the questions. However I am not sure you can "take the test" before hand... Others in the forum may share information on taking the test in advance.. You just have to wait for interview I think.

Hi,
Anyone applying from Minneapolis/St. Paul?

Here is our case:

PD : June 2005
FP : July 2005
ID : Oct 2005

thanks

St Paul, MN oath ceremony time

Hi all.
I find any information about time waiting St Paul, MN oath ceremony at present time.
Does have anybody any information?
Thanks!

OR when is the next ceremony?

I think in St. Paul, oath ceremony is held on a monthly basis. That is what I gathered at my interview. So depending on when your interview is, you may get called in for the oath ceremony in the following week (I was invited to attend the oath ceremony within 10 days). or pending admin/ paper work it can be upto 2 months.

FYI, my info

I didn't see any trackers here, so FYI here's my info:

Applying to NSC (St. Paul, MN is my local)
Receipt Date: 08/15/2005
Priority Date: 08/15/2005
Notice Date: 08/26/2005
Fingerprint Date: 10/05/2005

Regards.

Here's our info for Minneapolis

Priority Date : June '05
Fingerprint date : July end '05
Interview : Oct end '05.

Will keep you posted on how it goes.

ravirai said:
I just got done with my Citizeship. My timeline is in the sig.
all the best

Can you please tell me the location where the oath ceremony was conducted, and how long the whole ceremony lasted?

Interview done

We had out interview today - St. Paul DO.

We were a little tense as we had not disclosed our traffic tickets ( did not know we had to). We had paid the fine etc but had no proof ...

Well, the interviews went fine. My husband was asked if he was cited. He said yes, but did not know citation meant ticket until recently. The lady was nice enough to laugh it off. I was asked if I ever had any 'contact' with a police offic er - I replied hesitantly 'No' but told him that I had gotten a ticket and did not know if I should have disclosed it at the time of filling the app. I told him that I had paid the fine and went to traffic school so it never got on my record. He said it was OK and asked me if I had any other tickets since and if I had been arrested etc ...

Whew! I was pretty relieved that neither of us were asked to produce proof. Rest all went OK and got the 'Congratulations' box checked. The officers were both very nice and polite and tried to make us feel at ease...

They said it could take between 1-2 months for the oath ceremony and we'd get a letter 3 weeks before the ceremony.

I wish all of you out there the very best of luck ...

Krutika said:
We had out interview today - St. Paul DO.

They said it could take between 1-2 months for the oath ceremony and we'd get a letter 3 weeks before the ceremony.

I wish all of you out there the very best of luck ...

Congratulations...

IGATE_GC: My oath ceremony was in Minneapolis: Federal Court. Keep 3-4 hours at hand.

ravirai said:
Congratulations...

IGATE_GC: My oath ceremony was in Minneapolis: Federal Court. Keep 3-4 hours at hand.

Many thanks!! I read up your posts and they were quite helpful

Krutika said:
Hi,
Anyone applying from Minneapolis/St. Paul?

Here is our case:

PD : June 2005
FP : July 2005
ID : Oct 2005

thanks

I had my interview in Oct as well in St Paul DO. Still waiting for the oath letter. Have you received yours yet?

South Dakota Applicant (St Paul/NSC) - N400

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Application Mailed(USPS Express): 01-FEB-2006
2. Application Received: 02-FEB-2006
3. Check Cashed: 02-FEB-2006
4. Priority Date: 02-Feb-2006
5. NOA (I-797C) date: 15-Feb-2006
6. NOA (I-797C) mailed: 16-Feb-2006
7. NOA (I-797C) Received: 21-Feb-2006

Will be back after I receive FP notice. Anybody applied for naturalization from SD in FEB-2006?