NSC Service Inquiry Response

Guys please go to the Letter to Ombudsman thread and e-mail the ombudsman. It will really help if we can get support from his office.

Guys:When I opened the service request, I was never asked my email address. Also, I have personally never read that an email could be sent out. MK, did you have to something extra to get that email?

Lifesaver 800 PUNCH LINE

IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON in english and Have a Petition Number:

Proceed as follows:
1-800-375 - 5283
1+2+2+6+1+ CASE# +1+3+1

You may wait upto 3 seconds inbetween after the case number entry as there is a processing delay after you enter the case number

Anyone got response of a service inquiry filed within last 10 days? My attorney filed a service request on Jun 1, 2007 but no reply yet.

My attorney, my congressperson and I have placed numerous inquiries since beginning of March and received no reply AT ALL!! My case has been current for a long time and received namecheck clearance in Feb. My priority date was also very early back in April 2002.:mad:

Name check pending

I called the 800 number and got through to a rep who transferred me to an officer to look into my case further. The office told me that the namecheck on my case is still pending. This is really frustrating because my PD is March 02 and my 485 RD is Oct 2004. Look at my signature below:

EB3 India
PD 03/29/2002
I140/I485 RD 10/18/2004
I485 Approval 05/25/2005
I485 Transferred from CSC->NSC in Feb 07

I don't know what else to do now. This is really ridiculous and I am afraid that all the visa numbers will get used up and my namecheck will still be pending.:mad: :mad:

what number did you call?

I am unable to get get connected to the number (800) 375 – 5283

what number did you call?
hl 9010 :

No LUD becuase of the service inquiry, but there was an LUD due to an Address change ( Thanks to a very nice lady officer who did this update);

rambaba :

I am hoping for the PD to stay current till then, my other concern ( I guess it is inevitable) is that NSC is going at a very very slow pace while other centers are way ahead with Approvals and might consume all the available Visa numbers;

Regards
MK

NameCheck is a tough nut to crack. If its stuck you have
to try through senator or congress man and find out details like
when name check was submitted etc. USCIS sometimes makes
errors too. My friend who filed in Sep2004, his name check was
never submitted. He enquired last week and they submitted it
after that.

Now about your RD, I think lot of people are ahead of you
whose pd is current too. If they are working on Oct cases
my case would have been approved( I filed in Oct 24). My
guess is that they are not upto OCT 2004 yet.

Keep cool and work on your name check and pray to god.
Hope we all will get out of this mess...

good luck
babu

I called the 800 number and got through to a rep who transferred me to an officer to look into my case further. The office told me that the namecheck on my case is still pending. This is really frustrating because my PD is March 02 and my 485 RD is Oct 2004. Look at my signature below:

EB3 India
PD 03/29/2002
I140/I485 RD 10/18/2004
I485 Approval 05/25/2005

I don't know what else to do now. This is really ridiculous and I am afraid that all the visa numbers will get used up and my namecheck will still be pending.:mad: :mad:

Infopass update

EB3 India
PD 03/29/2002
I140/I485 RD 10/18/2004
I485 Approval 05/25/2005

Just wanted to give an update on my infopass appointment at Los Angeles office. The officer told me that all my security checks have been cleared and my case is waiting to be adjudicated. Well, I honestly don't know who to believe. The officer on the phone tells me that my namecheck is pending and at infopass I learn that all checks have been cleared. I am leaning towards believing the infopass officer..:) It is just unbelievable how bad this whole system is. How can 2 different people see exactly opposite information on the same case? Now, all I can do is wait for another 3-4 months to see if I get approved and if not then get another infopass appointment. I will keep the forum posted.

Hi Guys

When I called NSC last week they said my case is in name check.I just got bored and called them again today.The lady told me that every thing looks fine and she said it's just matter of days.I have particulary asked her about my namecheck.She said it got cleared.I can't believe this every time they are giving different answers.

Case Details:
Ori :NSC,EB3,
Labor PD :Feb 2001
I140 AD :October 2005
I140/I485 FD :May 2006,
1st FP :July 2006
Second EAD and AP :May 2007
Luds :12/28/2006,12/29/2006

In my case, the NSC officer said all my checks are completed and its with officer for review but todays InfoPass appointment was very dissapointing.
The officer at Infopass said my Name check is pending. When i told him that NSC officer said all my checks are cleared, he says that they gave you wrong information :(

Pathetic

Got "Card Ordered" email today, Good luck to all of you

--------------------------------
Hi All :

I had called for a Service Inquiry and below is the Email response :
------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. MK:

On 05/29/2007 you, or the designated representative shown below,

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:
According to the Department of State there is a Visa available for your