NSC Progress Updates

Yes, they are fake dates. I am a Sep 2003 filer and still waiting for my I-140 approval. When I talked to an immigration officer I brought this up. She hung up the phone (well, politely though)..but I know what they were thinking in their mind when I asked that question...what can I say...bunch of idiots !!

bmt74 said:
Yes, they are fake dates. I am a Sep 2003 filer and still waiting for my I-140 approval. When I talked to an immigration officer I brought this up. She hung up the phone (well, politely though)..but I know what they were thinking in their mind when I asked that question...what can I say...bunch of idiots !!

I agree with both J2K4 and bmt74 on this! More strongly with 'the bunch of idiots' part.

this is even funnier ( or more irritating ..whatver)

When I asked the officer (a lady) why the current processing date for I-140 has not moved in a year, she mentioned that there could be so many applications filed on that day !!. Can you believe this guys ???..Did she think we are illiterates or what ???

Next time, try asking her/him, in that case, how are applications from 2004 are getting approved---see what story they come up with. Its interesting to see how good they are at 'explaining' things to us!

The one time they moved the dates forward (some time back) a lot of Sept, Oct filers pounced on them asking for status enquiries. They have learnt from their mistake and will not move the dates until every case in Sept2003 is approved.
They are punishing us now for being over-anxious by not updating the dates for the last few months.
If at all we get a chance to pay them back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for making us suffer. :mad:

Attorney

In this game of GC ~ the attorneys' get the biggest LOOT.
But they seems do the least ...

The attorney is highest paid guy in the entire process -- so why we all ask him/her the tough questions ...

At least he/she cannot hang up the phone ---

Attorney

In this game of GC ~ the attorneys' gets the biggest LOOT.
But they seems do the least ...

The attorney is highest paid guy in the entire process -- so why we all ask him/her the tough questions ...

At least he/she cannot hang up the phone ---

BTW why can't we request Mr Rajeev to take a memorandum on behalf of us and submit to NSC. I guess atleast we can do this. Share your thoughts.

She did?

bmt74 said:
I did ask that question. That's when she hung up the phone !!!

I thought something wrong with my phone. I was ask her to change my address, not asked why the processing date did not move. Why would she do that?. Oh.. well, probabbly I was connected to the same lady after you asked her a tough question "Why proccessing date did not move" :D :D . But I did got my address changed after redial and connected to a gentleman.

I agree, we should not ask tough questions to NSC employee, not much they can do , they work as instructed (assumed), have to somebody have political power like AILA or some congressman Or email to whitehouse.

plastic_card said:
BTW why can't we request Mr Rajeev to take a memorandum on behalf of us and submit to NSC. I guess atleast we can do this. Share your thoughts.

If that works, I am game!!

abc3 said:
The one time they moved the dates forward (some time back) a lot of Sept, Oct filers pounced on them asking for status enquiries. They have learnt from their mistake and will not move the dates until every case in Sept2003 is approved.
They are punishing us now for being over-anxious by not updating the dates for the last few months.
If at all we get a chance to pay them back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for making us suffer. :mad:

How about you, abc3? How long have you been waiting?

brt96 said:
I agree, we should not ask tough questions to NSC employee, not much they can do

Maybe all of you know this but I wanted to make sure that knows that when you call the NSC customer service number, you are talking to a private company in Kansas who have access to pretty much the exact same information we do.

Do not give them a hard time, most of those people answering the phones are college students trying to earn a living by working in a call center.

I know for a fact that it is very frustrating to them not to have access to more details on each case to be able to help the callers and have to give standard answers per USCIS instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEPT,
My wait time is not too long. Filed 140/485 on 08/25/2005, EB3.
But if I consider my labour PD Aug2002, if feels like too long. Labour took 2 years to clear.
6 years on H1B complete. Applied for 7th year extension (another $1700.00 of my earnings lost for filing extension + 5000 to date for GC).

What can I say?

abc3 said:
SEPT,
My wait time is not too long. Filed 140/485 on 08/25/2005, EB3.
But if I consider my labour PD Aug2002, if feels like too long. Labour took 2 years to clear.
6 years on H1B complete. Applied for 7th year extension (another $1700.00 of my earnings lost for filing extension + 5000 to date for GC).
Just filed for 7th year extension. Cost me an additional $2200. I also paid $10000 for an existing labor(Attorney fees for GC and other expenses NOT included) :confused: