NSC Processing Date for EB2-NIW (I-140)

NIW_TX said:
Folks, Does anyone know that the security check for an NIW EB-2 petition is done after reviewing the file by NSC or before that? I filed my EB-2 on May 2006, and I just interviewed with USCIS in the local CIS office. I was wondering if anyone knows how long after the security check interview I had, I can expect my EB-2 to get approved/denied? Thanks

are you from retrogressed country or non-retrogressed?

madgu-gc2005 said:
are you from retrogressed country or non-retrogressed?

Thanks Madgu,

I'm from a non-retrogression country. The lady who interviewed me said I should have no problem with my application. What bothers me is how long I should wait for being informed about their decision.

NIW_TX said:
Thanks Madgu,

I'm from a non-retrogression country. The lady who interviewed me said I should have no problem with my application. What bothers me is how long I should wait for being informed about their decision.

What are the documents the officer wanted to verify/show? what are your credentials? can you post those details? Since you are from non retrogressed country you should get the decision soon. Good luck.

madgu-gc2005 said:
What are the documents the officer wanted to verify/show? what are your credentials? can you post those details? Since you are from non retrogressed country you should get the decision soon. Good luck.

she asked for my passport, resume and current I-20 since I'm an F-1 visa. so do you think evaluating my application will be done after this interview or it;s already been done and security interview was the last step?

thanks a lot.

NIW_TX said:
she asked for my passport, resume and current I-20 since I'm an F-1 visa. so do you think evaluating my application will be done after this interview or it;s already been done and security interview was the last step?

thanks a lot.

Which country you are from? if you are not retrogressed then probably you should get a decision soon (provided visa number is available to the country u belong)

Good luck

This is just great....according to the latest update (10/30) of NSC processing time, now every I-140 at NSC has advanced to their 6 months projection EXCEPT NIW (10/18/05, no movement since last update). WTH are they doing????? :mad:

Mike10025 said:
How does it help us?
No, it could actually hurt us - given the number of people who filed both EA and NIW, one can only imagine that USCIS will simply relocate its resource to process PP cases and ignore non-PP cases such as NIW. It is quite obvious non-PP I-140 approvals have been slowed down quite a bit since the introduction of PP (see NSC I-140 forum). Those bastards...we are doomed.

there is not reasoning for processing case. I filed 2 NIW, one take 2 years to get approval, and the second takes 1 monthes. It was two identical cases with same supporting letters.

waiting4_485 said:
there is not reasoning for processing case. I filed 2 NIW, one take 2 years to get approval, and the second takes 1 monthes. It was two identical cases with same supporting letters.

Dear Sir,

thank you very much for sharing your information.
Did you really file 2 NIW? They were approved at the same time? Thanks!

Good Luck to your 485!

How to know whether the case is in NSC or TSC?

Hi All:

I had applied for both EB1-EA and NIW in Oct. '06. Can anyone pls. tell how to know where my application is? I want to know whether it is in NSC or TSC? Is it possible to tell from the case number? Please help.

THanks.

subra70 said:
Hi All:

I had applied for both EB1-EA and NIW in Oct. '06. Can anyone pls. tell how to know where my application is? I want to know whether it is in NSC or TSC? Is it possible to tell from the case number? Please help.

THanks.
Check the number on your receipt notice. If it says SRC xxxxxxxxxx, then you are lucky - it is TSC. If it is LIN xxxxxxxxxx, then......join the club of waiting game at NSC.

Nope. Those bustards at NSC make me so mad ;(((

I-140/I-485 Concurrent filing, NIW (NSC)
I-140 RD 05/25/06 LUD 07/29/06
I-485 LUD 06/10/06
FP 06/10/06

Mike10025 said:
Nope. Those bustards at NSC make me so mad ;(((

I-140/I-485 Concurrent filing, NIW (NSC)
I-140 RD 05/25/06 LUD 07/29/06
I-485 LUD 06/10/06
FP 06/10/06
Absolutely agreed! It seems NIW at NSC has been completely halted since late last April (I found one with RD 04/13/06 in the other tracker - nothing after LUD 07/22/06). It is so unfair that cases at TSC got processed much faster than ours! My profile is very similar to yours, see below:

I-140/I-485 Concurrent filing, non-retro country, NIW (NSC)
I-140 RD: 05/15/06, ND: 05/30/06, LUD: 05/31/06, 07/29/06
I-485 RD: 05/15/06, ND: 05/30/06, LUD: 06/01/06, 06/30/06, 07/02/06, 07/03/06
FP (I-485): 06/30/06

Rather than keeping our fingers crossed, I don't know what else we can do......

question?

Is it possible to file adjustment of status (I-485) once PD is current, even though the I-140 still pending?

uscis.gov just posted new processing dates. NIW for Nebraska moved to April 01, 2006. 6 month jump !!! Seems like a good news for us.