NSC Processing Date for EB2-NIW (I-140)

Reza-EB2 NIW

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Lets communicate with each other to figure out the approximate processing time at NSC for EB2-NIW (I-140 forms).
About myself, I applied in June 28 of 2006. I still havent heard from NSC about Approval or REF.
Has anyone got approval or REF recently from NSC? Please share with us your NIW case at NSC, so we can keep this thread alive! :)

Thanks
I-140 EB2-NIW (NSC)
RD: 06/28/2006
LUD: 08/12/2006

I-140/I-485 Concurrent filing, non-retro country, NIW (NSC)
I-140 RD: 05/15/06, ND: 05/30/06, LUD: 05/31/06, 07/29/06
I-485 RD: 05/15/06, ND: 05/30/06, LUD: 06/01/06, 06/30/06, 07/02/06, 07/03/06
FP (I-485): 06/30/06

NSC NIW Receipt Date: 5/25/2006, hear nothing from NSC yet.
How do you guys see LUD when check status online if all message is the same as before? Thanks.

I-140/I-485 Concurrent filing, NIW (NSC)
I-140 RD 05/25/06 LUD 07/29/06
I-485 LUD 06/10/06
FP 06/10/06

keyuer said:
NSC NIW Receipt Date: 5/25/2006, hear nothing from NSC yet.
How do you guys see LUD when check status online if all message is the same as before? Thanks.
You need to create an account/case status portfolio with updates. Go to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp and create your account. It is not uncommon if you find LUD changes without status change (approval, RFE, etc.) - at least you know your case has been touched.

Can you guys clarify if you applied through a lawyer or as a self-petition?
I am just wondering if we can figure out that the the applicants with lawyers have faster I-140 processing at NSC...

Thanks,
EB2-NIW

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
I am just wondering if we can figure out that the the applicants with lawyers have faster I-140 processing at NSC...

Thanks,
EB2-NIW
The processing speed has nothing to do with whether you did it yourself or you hired a lawyer! I guess probably you got a little confused by the term "self-petition/self-sponsor." It means you file the petition without the sponsorship from your employer; you are the petitioner and the beneficiary at the same time. A self-sponsored I-140 case (EB-1A or NIW) can be filed by you or your lawyer. In my case, I did hire a lawyer but I think I did the most critical part of the job (drafting the cover letter). After all, you are the one knows your research the best, right?

Reza-EB2 NIW said:

Thanks,
EB2-NIW

If you hire a lawyer you can relax little bit. They do have more experience than you. They can write a good petition letter. However, you have to keep eagle eyes on the peition.

Yes, I know that the lawyers may not be able to speed up the process, but I would like to see if this is true for immigration officers. In this forum I have seen many self petition cases that didnt get processed even for years, but I haven't seen any for those who filed through a lawyer. Dont you think the officers might take it a little bit easier for them? Just I would like to check.

Thanks

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
Yes, I know that the lawyers may not be able to speed up the process, but I would like to see if this is true for immigration officers. In this forum I have seen many self petition cases that didnt get processed even for years, but I haven't seen any for those who filed through a lawyer. Dont you think the officers might take it a little bit easier for them? Just I would like to check.

Thanks
I don't think that's the case. One thing I can think about now is for people who prepared their own petitions, there might be some errors or missing materials and consequently their cases got delayed. I am not very sure what you mentioned that some self-prepared cases did not get processed for years is true - probably you meant "did not get approved"? Apparently, if there are some technical issues in the applications, then delays are expected. As a final note, there are plenty of self-prepared cases in this forum got approved in NIW or EB-1A categories, and probably (and unfortunately) even more cases prepared by lawyers did not get through for the first round (got RFE instead). Again, it all depends on which USCIS officer reviews your case. As 2006Hunter said, if you hire a good lawyer then he/she can (a) write good cover letter and/or recommendation letter template for you; (b) answer or deal with related questions such as I-485 AP/EAD issues.

Reza-EB2 NIW said:

Thanks

I agree with what CD4help mentioned. good luck.

Folks,
I noticed that the I-140 processing time for EB1-EA has moved to April 11, 2006. Unfortunately, the NIW has been freeze in Oct 2005. This is a bad news for us, isn’t it? I wish I had applied for EB1-EA! Good luck with our friends in EB1-EA category.

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
Folks,
I noticed that the I-140 processing time for EB1-EA has moved to April 11, 2006. Unfortunately, the NIW has been freeze in Oct 2005. This is a bad news for us, isn’t it? I wish I had applied for EB1-EA! Good luck with our friends in EB1-EA category.
Yes, it is a pity that NIW at NSC is still in Oct. 2005, but at least it moved a little (I remember last time it was Sept. 30, 2005) - better than nothing. I am surprised to see EB-1A leaped so much, compared to EB-1B (EB1-OR) that also moved slowly this time - though they can do PP now, if they want.....

Guys,
I just found out that one of my friends applied for NIW at NSC in Appril and got approved in Aug (through a lawyer). I haven't heard any recent approval at NSC. Doeas anyone have news about recent approval at NSC for NIW? Please share with us...

NIW EB-2 security check

Folks, Does anyone know that the security check for an NIW EB-2 petition is done after reviewing the file by NSC or before that? I filed my EB-2 on May 2006, and I just interviewed with USCIS in the local CIS office. I was wondering if anyone knows how long after the security check interview I had, I can expect my EB-2 to get approved/denied? Thanks