NSC, I-485 approved

David X Zhao

Just want to share my experience with your guys:

Category: NIW

PD - 04/1998
I-485 RD - 09/1999
I-485 ND - 09/1999
FP - 05/2000
both cases (me and my wife) approved on 01/22/2001 (on voice messages)

More details:

Switched job to a different company in another city (but still in NSC area) after NIW got approved.

Sent out response to the yellow form with a letter from my current manager, an awarding certificate from the new company, and an employment verification letter from HR.

Wife got RFE on 12/22/2000 (asking for marriage certificate documents), sent out the RFE response on 01/08/2001. RFE received on 01/14/2001. The cases got approved on 01/22/2001.

I have been visiting this site since I started doing my NIW at the end of 1997. The experience and opinions I extracted from the discussion groups on this site helped me a lot. Many thanks to this site. Wish all of you who are still in the waiting stage the best and good luck.

David

No Title

Congradulations, David!

Just wonder why do you need to send employment letter from Manager AND HR department to the INS? Did you get a RFE or the Yellow forms require you to do so?

Thanks for your inputs.
XLP

No Title

Congratulations!!

Can you please tell me when you changed you company! That is how long after your 485 was applied?

Did you go by the new regulation that you can change the company after 6 months of the application of 485?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

Since my case is NIW based. I need a letter from my manager to state that I am still working in the same field. I never received RFE. I responesed the yellow form volunteerly. I knew one of my friends who responsed the yellow form only with a letter from HR, a few months later, he received RFE. It took him much more efforts response the RFE.

David

No Title

David,

Can you please let me know what document did you send volunteerly.
Yellow forms ask only two things
1. Recently dated letter from the petioner employer confirming that they still intended to offer
   you employment as described in their form 1-40

2. a copy of all EAD issued to you by the service at any time.

Did you send anything else apart from the above mentioned documents ?
Please let me know I am in the process of sending one to the service

Thakyou

Love