ND - 04/21/01
FP - 06/26/01
AD - 02/11/02
LIN-01-153-XXXXX
NSC EB3
County: India
No RFE\'s
I-140 Approved for CP - Sept.2000

Happy to say that my wife\'s and my I-485 application has been approved. It was a pleasant surprise, as I had not expected the approval for some more time, based on what I have been reading on this board.
I never called NSC, either the AVM or the IIO. So it was very unexpected when we got the Approval Notices in the Mail on 02/15/02.
I-140 was approved for CP, but chose to apply for AOS. So, I ignored Packet 3 that was sent to me in Feb. 2001. I had called NVC a few months back to find out where my I-140 would be and was told that the entire packet was forwarded to Consulate in Feb. 2001. The person at NVC also told me that, NSC usually does not need the I-140 approval for I-485 approval, but if they need they will request the same from the consulate.
For folks out there with CP approved I-140, take heart!!, especially EB3\'s.
Also, came to US initially on on F1 Visa. Just wanted to state this as there seems to be some doubts on this forum, if this would have any effect on 485 processing.
The only thing that might be different in my case from most others might be, I stayed with the same employer through out my Green Card Process and also mine is a non-Computer related field.
Good Luck everyone.
Question:
Can anyone post some info. on their Passport Stamping Experience at Chicago INS. What documents to take? Best day and time of day, to go for stamping?
Thanks.

Congrats! Re:(see inside)

Thank You so much sandyah!> Congratulations! Another Good News for
EB3s???. However, forward date approvals has never been any
indication of good news for *backlog* cases like mine(RD:12/00).

Once NSC moved out from a *Date range*, old cases have to wait for
NSC\'s mercy only.

It is only GOOD NEWS for RD 04/01 and 05/01 Folks. Their\'s is next/.

It proves that NSC is now processing cases with RDs from 02/01 to 04/01.

So, RDs with 11/00 & 12/00 can now be declared "officially backlogged".

?? to SANDYH, could U pl post your PRIORITY DATE

Congrats on the approval of your I 485, could U pl post your PD ( the date it was sent to SESA)

Just to see the trend here.
ramukesi

Documents to take for stamping at Chicago INS

Hi,
  You need to take the following documents:
  (I submitted the following documents)

1. 485 Approval notice
        (You can take the courtesy copy. Also for your records, take
         a photocopy for your records)
2. Passport(s)
3. EAD & AP

At Chicago INS, most of the time they wouldn\'t ask for any additional documents. But just in case, take all documents you have. Don\'t give out any other documents unless they ask for them.

We went to the Chicago INS office at 7 in the morning and came out by 11:20. It doesn\'t really matter which day you go. They only allow the first 600 people inot the office. Make sure that you go early in the morning (6:30 - 7:30). It is a very simple procedure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Tense. Another Q for you

So you do not need to take your latest H1B for I-94 info., if the
I-94 card in your passport has an older date (if u have not travelled outside the country since the latest H1B approval), than the one on the H1B?

No Title

Hi,
  I forgot to add I94 document. Since it is pinned in passport, I forgot to mention it. I94 is very important. We took our H1 papers but they did not ask for them.

The complete list of documents is:
1. Passport
2. I94
3. EAD and AP
4. Approved 485 petition
5. Two photographs