NSC EB-485 Processing News from lawers meet

ht1

Updated 10/17/01: NSC EB-485 Processing News

Today, NSC had a conference with immigration lawyers in Lincoln. This reporter attended the meeting. The current state of EB-485 processing is as follows:
Frontlog: Currently opens EB-485 mails which were received on 09/19/01 and data entry is performed for the cases received on 09/20/01. By December 2001, the frontlog will practically disappear and data entry will be done in 24 hours.
At the end of FY 2002, INS HQ set a goal of EB-485 processing times at 10 months and NSC is currently trying to achieve the processing times at 9 month. INS HQ also set goals to get the processing times of all 485 cases at 6 months by the end of FY 2003.

No Title

Then what are they doing now? Take a break for couple months and starting the new goal--10 months or 6 months to processing I485?
That\'s like a fairy tale.

If they really what to speed it up they better to start it now instead of freezing all application, then they still can reach 12-13 months goal.

I don\'t know, maybe I shouldn\'t lose hope on them.

don\'t believe NSC\'s propaganda

It\'s all just hot air. Meant to secure more funding for the new fiscal year by making wild claims.

In case you forgot, this is NSC we\'re dealing with (not CSC, not VSC).