NSC EAD Processing Dates Moved to back to 22-NOV-2006

And AP is almost a year wait time - I am sure this is temporary while they adjust to the flood of I-485/I-765/I-131 packages they will receive with the employment visa numbers all being current now....

Imy EAD RD is Apr 04 2007 Today(Jun 18 200) the status changed to

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Congrats Murthy. You EAD is in Texas or Nebraska? My RD is 6th April at Nebraska and I'm just waiting!

On June 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Murthy,
My EAD RD is March 30th 2007. Status did not change yet. May be around the corner. Can you give me first 5 digits of your case # just to get some idea? Is that is Nebraska?

Hi PBEC_Victim,
I am also waiting for EAD at nebraska service center with Received date of April 01,2007, hopefully we get something this week.

EAD Mess!

Folks,

Here's my situation:

On May 1st I was laid off from my job. Thankfully I have been able to land another job - my start date is July 2nd.

I am on my third EAD which will expire on July 10th. My ND for the EAD renewal forms (for self and wife) is May 30th. Complacency is the main reason for the delay. All our previous applications were approved within 3 weeks - why would it take any longer now? (Hah!) I don’t have an H1 any more. I changed jobs 6 months after my I-140 was approved (concurrent filing) and this is second time I am changing jobs.

So what do I do? From the current processing dates - it seems like it will be a while before our EADs are approved. I have read that we can go to the local office to get an iEAD. Here's what I plan to do:

1) Setup an appointment with local ASC (I am in VA and my processing is in NSC) for after July 2nd. Hopefully they will give me one.
2) Talk to HR and ask them to provide me a letter stating they will terminate my employment if I don’t have an approved EAD or iEAD. Hopefully they will give me one.
3) Take existing EADs, 1765 receipt notices, I485 receipt notices, passports and passport size pictures to the ASC on day of appointment.
4) Pray pray pray pray pray . . . . . . . . .

MY I45 is another story probably for another thread but I'll posit it here also. We got an RFI as our BCs did not have our names. We responded to the RFE and our online status says:

"On September 16, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Yesterday I called the NSC and talked to a very polite lady about my case. She asked me a bunch of questions and in the end gave me a 16 digit case reference number starting with a "T" and ending with the letters "NSC". I could not understand what the purpose of the number was but the gist of what she told me was that someone would contact me within 45 days. Who will contact me or for what I don’t know. Her questions made me nervous as hell.
The only questions that I felt were relevant were "Did you get a finger print notice and were you fingerprinted? - my answer was "Yes. On April 27th I was fingerprinted. Then she asked if I had been interviewed yet - to which I said no and I have not been contacted about any interview. Unlike some other posts I have been reading there was no comforting message of how my application was stuck in Name Check or that it was in a pool that was being processed quickly or anything. I expected that my online LUD would change after yesterday’s conversation but that too has not happened.

TMI?

Thanks for any insightful responses.

Regards,
RatherGetShot.
Pd: April 2003.
I140 Approved. Applied concurenlty.
NSC
EB3.