NSC EAD / AP - Local INS experience

Alien123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Has anyone got their EAD/AP from their local INS ? What are the documents needed for it & are there any chances of them rejecting it ?

Pl advise.

I got my EAD from local INS office!!!

Just carry your I485 receipt and a form for EAD. Thats it man. I dont think that they r gonna reject it if you have your receipt and form.
Good luck dude!!!!

champ...

Which local office did you go to ???
 I sent in my forms through mail (Detroit local INS)
 and have not heard form them yet.. Almost 30 days now.
 R.D.: 03/16/2001
 N.D.: 03/26/2001

No Title

485 Detroit,

Why you mail your forms through mail ????? BIG mistake.

Here is some information about the AP
------------------------------------
Advance Parole (AP)

Advance Parole (AP) do not guarantee you can re-entry US.
If you have been out of status, then you may be have some problem.

You always giving back your old I-94 when you leaving US and get new I-94 when you back to US. no matter your are using AP or H-1 or F-1...

=====================
   About using AP :
   1. When you came back to US, you need show your AP at airport when you ckeck in your air ticket ( The airline need to make sure that you can legal enter US)
   2. You need fill the new I-94 again before you enter US.
   3. Show AP document and the extra copy to INS people when you enter US.
   4. 80%, they will asking you going to secondary INS office. (Because they do not have right stamp with them)
   5. they will put stamp in your passport and the AP document then write "AOS" (adjust of status) inside that stamp.
   6. remember get your AP doucment back, you can reuse it when you want leave US again.
====================
I took both original AP and that copy with me when I leave US.

When I check_in at airport at my home town airline, I just show my AP to them , the airline did not took away from me.

When I re_enter at US at airport. the INS people asking me " Do you have your AP copy ? " I say " yes " . Then she take a look for that copy one, then told me
"Go to that office (She point another room)" . Because my friend already told me what may happen for me. I wait there about 5 min. then another office
look my original AP and put stamp at on passport and the original AP.

That is , he did not check my AP copy.

Because the first INS lady asking me about the AP copy, So I like to suggest people take the AP copy with them.
===========================

People in here continues asking " Can I file my EAD at San Jose, Houston, ...."

Here have one DIY for you. (DIY : DO IT YOURSELF)

Take sometime read the INS web pages first. Most time you can find the answer by yourself.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/statemap.htm

==================
Question: IF you have valid visa stamping on Passport H1/H4, do you really need to show AP.
Answer : No, If you have valid H1/H4 VISA stamp on your passport, You do not need the AP.

Question: If you have AP and H visa stampings, do INS really know that you have applied for AOS.
Answer : As I know, the H1 VISA allow you immi to US. It should be O.K even INS know you are in AOS.
          In the INS web page, I read something like " If you have valid H1/H4 VISA, you do not need AP".

Question: How INS know I have both H-1 and AOS.
Answer : Do you hear about the computer data base net ? They search from INS data base.
==================
Don\'t worry. The skin test most commonly shows positive for Asians but the chest X-rays show nothing.
check here here for more detail
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@@.ef1bb77

==================
Question: Does it mean that when you are outside of US travelling, your case is taken from the line and placed on hold?

Answer : I do not think that will be a problem, My friends who used the AP and still get I-485 approval at average time.

I applied just for my EAD and not for AP!

Thanks for the concern columbus....

I applied for my EAD only.. As a matter of fact I went
 down to the local Detroit INS office and asked about
 the procedure to apply for my EAD.
 I had taken all my papers with me...
 The lady said, they stopped issuing EAD directly.
 I was told to mail the form in. And then she gave me a
 form (which I already!!) and the mailing address!!!

A couple of days ago, I went down there just to check
 if I did right... The lady again confirmed that the
 EAD forms were to be mailed in!

I have not applied for AP as of yet and I hope I won\'t
 need it.

Thanks.

Kansas City INS

The Kansas City INS and Wichita INS will take the applications but they will send you a letter on when to return to get your card. The Kansas City INS has photographing for your card so you need not submit 2 photographs with the application. I had written a blurb in the EAD/AP section of the message board about my experience at the Kansas City field office on August 27.

Indianapolis INS

485 Detroit,
Sorry, I should not judge people too early.

The other people,
At some local INS, You can get your EAD at same day. Check your local INS office first.

Please Update On EAD application Direct to Local INS

Is there any fees involved with the EAD application. An earlier post shows the person should submit application form and I-485 Reciept Document, anything else ?. Is there is any requirment to get some papers from employer/ Attorney on this.

Your answers will be appreciated.

Today I went to Denver local INS office and got the EDA. didn\'t apply for AP. Took

only 1 hour to finish whole process.. $100 money order, 485 receipt copy and EAD application thats all

When was your original EAD expiring ?

I am in similar situation. My ead is expiring in Oct/2001 and I havent applied for renewal. When can I go to INS and ask for renewal ?

No Title

485filer, Did you take photographs with you? I too am from Denver, applied for 485, and am planning to get EAD from the Denver local INS. Do you know if they give interim EAD before 90 days of RD? Also, please post when you get you FP notice. My details - RD 6/28, ND 8/9

No Title

Champ,

I would like to know how long is the wait to get your EAD in Indianapolis, INS. I am planning to do the INS office in Indianapolis as mentioned by you and would like to know what are the documents, paper work and any cheque required to do it in Indianapolis.

Thanks in advance.

No Title

Hi,

Just got EAD from local INS, MN. You dont need photos, they take it there after u give the application. All u need is your 485 receipt, ead appln form, 140 approval notice & latest I-94 card copy & your passport. Check for $100.00. Thats it. Its a 3 hours process.

Got Interim EAD! - Not even 90 days from RD?

Was yours some special case?(like H1 expiring in few days etc.) Otherwise it is a surprise to see that they are issuing interim EADs for applications that are pending ony 80 days.

Please answer...

No Title

bjohns,

It was not any special entry. My attorney didn\'t apply for EAD/AP along with 485. She said as soon as we get the receipt, we could go & get the EAD/AP from local INS. Thats her procedure. A lot of attorneys file papers for EAD/AP along with 485 & only in those cases,if they dont get within 90 days, they could get interim EAD. Mine was a regular EAD only.

Documents!

You need to carry a copy of your receipt and a form for EAD and a money order or cashiers cheque for $100/person ,there is no need to write INS on the cheque.

Good luck!!!

Thanks

Champ,

Thanks for your reply and will let you know after I apply for my EAD on receipt of 485 notice.