NSC : Decipering N-400 Receipt Number from Cashed Check

havefun

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone help me deciphering Nebraska Service Center N-400 Application Receipt Number from the cashed check?

From the check it appears that the handwritten numbers are like LIN906215
(Yes, just 9 characters) but when you see the check on the back side it looks like the numbers are LIN$000590034. (Yes, 13 characters but with a $ sign. This 13 character number is all typed up)

When I change the $ sign with 0 and type the case numbers then the online case status site shows totally different case number of totally different petition.

Any NSC recent experience deciperhing the number so that online status can be checked? Can someone help clear the confusion?

Change $ to *. But that is not going to help you in any case. My appt is next month but the system does not pull my Lin no yet.

havefun said:
Can anyone help me deciphering Nebraska Service Center N-400 Application Receipt Number from the cashed check?

From the check it appears that the handwritten numbers are like LIN906215
(Yes, just 9 characters) but when you see the check on the back side it looks like the numbers are LIN$000590034. (Yes, 13 characters but with a $ sign. This 13 character number is all typed up)

When I change the $ sign with 0 and type the case numbers then the online case status site shows totally different case number of totally different petition.

Any NSC recent experience deciperhing the number so that online status can be checked? Can someone help clear the confusion?

Hi there!

Ignore the numbers printed on the back of the check. Use the number that is hand written and complete it with 0s to make it 13 characters. This will give you your receipt number. Yet, you won't find it online for a while. Mine showed up online a day or two before I received the actual receipt notice in the mail.

Cheers!

-------
N-400 @ VSC
PD: 01/17/06
Check cashed: 01/23/06
ND: 02/14/06 (received 02/18/06)
FP notice: 03/01/06 (received 03/05/06)
FP: 03/15/06 (FBI reported back to USCIS the same day)
Online Status disappeared on 04/12/2006
ID/OD: 06/20/2006

I was trying a lot of combination on online status tool but none of them really worked. Probably it is still not in the system. I will just take a rest and wait for Receipt notice to come in the mail. But USCIS.gov website blocked the IP Address where I was typing all these similar receipt numbers. It said you tried just too many combination. I am not sure there was any disclaimer anywhere which said you cannot try too many. It says it will be effective for few days :mad: But it does not say for how long. Sad..indeed. :mad:

Yeah too many trys blocked for few mins or may be hour

havefun said:
I was trying a lot of combination on online status tool but none of them really worked. Probably it is still not in the system. I will just take a rest and wait for Receipt notice to come in the mail. But USCIS.gov website blocked the IP Address where I was typing all these similar receipt numbers. It said you tried just too many combination. I am not sure there was any disclaimer anywhere which said you cannot try too many. It says it will be effective for few days :mad: But it does not say for how long. Sad..indeed. :mad:

I have seen that happenning to me , My Id did not show up on the USCIS website so i tried all different combinations, Only thing is wait for letter with confirmed RD and Wait for ur Interview and FP in Mail...sometime it does not even show status....Mine is RD01/17 ...Dallas DO and Waiting for Interview Notice