NSC Concurrent Filers!!!!!

Sabu

Registered Users (C)
NSC Concurrent Filers,
People, who filed I-485 in California Service Center did a great job and California Service Center is doing their best to reduce I-485 processing time within a year. It is our time to act. NSC filers who are from Michigan area, Support Our MI485 Group. Please contact MrCoolZ for further details.

Message from MrCoolz in Nebraska Service Center I-485 Section:
Hello MI485 Group,

The first meeting of the MI485 Group was successful. There were 3 members who showed up - Edison, abcd140 and myself. It was very useful and encouraging to share quite a bit of information amongst us.

I understand that since the meeting notice was sent only by Friday, and also due to Thanksgiving weekend, many of you couldnt make it, but still its good that we all made a start.

We have about 13 members as of now and we need more members to be part of this initiative, which I am sure can be really successful.

The points discussed during the meeting were,

1. Send the customer feedback to the NSC Director as a group.

2. Each member to get the Liasion details and Event Calender of their particular District Congressman's TownHall meeting which can be represented by the group.

3. Provide details to each of the members of how to go about their getting Congressman's website, Additional zipcode, etc.

4. Motivate more members to be part of this initiative so as to cover all the districts in the Michigan.

5. Meet every weekend.

Many of the current 13 member list are yet to register yourself in the yahoogroups, which will be our alternate message board to post meeting details etc. So please send me your contact details either as PM or by accessing by mail from this site, so that I can include you in the Yahoogroups.

We are confident that we certainly will make a difference by making this initiative successful. And we are looking forward to more members showing up for meeting in the following weeks.

-MrCoolz

Thanks,
naanshi

That sounds encouraging. I-485 within a year at CSC is a great news. Even within 15 months is a great accomplishment. Let us all join hands and do what is best for all of us. I am not in the Detroit area but would be interested in getting any of your updates.

That is great that they are getting processing time for I485 reduced to one year. We need to do something similar at Nebraska Service centre. Just waiting for INS to clear our applications at thier leasure with our fingers crossed wont do us any good.
Some pressure has to be applied and everybody applying from Nebraska should do thier bit. What can I do to contribute ???

Yes, I will join anyone who applied for I-485 at Nebraska Service Center or anywhere else in decreasing the time taking to process I-140 and I-485. Just let me know what I should do

Hi Lonelypoet,
If you are from Michigan, please contact MrCoolz by sending personal mail. If you are from IL, then contact Rsur. (If you go to Nebraska Service Center I-485 section, you can see their messages regarding this).

If you are from any other state, may be you can start forming your State team. There are lot of people here to help.

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello people,

You don't have to belong to a state team to do something about the current situation. Actually State team is a misnomer, it should be City teams because that is what it eventually breaks down too. People living in Detroit or Ypsi will attend MI485 team, etc.

But Congressmen are elected from EACH district, so you can always do your bit, and start your own City/District teams. People from near by Cities/districts can join you in your show of hands meetings if possible and you can join them. But EACH AND EVERYONE must do their own bits.

It is very easy to form a group, it doesn't take too much of your time and neither will you have to do much other than follow your district Congressman's schedule. Here is a bunch of simple instructions to set up a show of hands campaign in your city:
1. Start a new clean thread (which you have already done) and state your intention to start a state level group, request for volunteers and ask them to find out which districts they belong to using www.congress.org
2. Each volunteer, takes the responsibility of finding out the next date of town meeting with his/her representative, and sends him/her a fax with the petition and a cover letter.
3. The volunteer then posts the information about the meeting along with clear instructions as to directions and a central place to meet.
4. Request RSVP's from other show of hands volunteers and voila you have organization complete.

The above steps makes it very simple to set up state organizations and doesn't require any extra allocation of time to organize face to face meetings etc.

We also have various documents typed up that you can use as a basis of cover letters etc. to use in town meetings/District office visits etc. Just let us know what form of help you require in this regard and we will try to assist you.

Good luck and thank you for trying to make a difference.

Friends,
I live in Michigan. Let me know if you need any guidance.

State level group is just a building block since it is very difficult to start District level groups since we have just few volunteers and usually most of these volunteers are from same District.