NSC/Columbus(Ohio) N400 Timeline

ssosu

Registered Users (C)
We will be filing our N400 soon. I was wondering if there are other members from Columbus(Ohio) service center here who want post their timeline and keep track of it in this thread.

Is the processing time as bad as mentioned in the "Service Center Processing Time" webpage?

Thanks

I agree . Avoid Columbus or Cleveland in Ohio if you can. Try Cincinnati if it is workable for you. It is worth the effort.

But how?

Hmm.. thanks guys. Considering the difference in the processing time, it does make sense to apply at Cinty than at Columbus or Cleveland. But how?

We have our primary residence in Columbus. What are the possible ways by which one can claim to be in one particular DO?

Supposing we purchase a second property or rent an apartment in an area which falls under Cinty DO, would that allow us to file N400 at Cincinnati? Any opinions on this?

Thanks

Little more than that will be helpful.
Open a bank account , saving as well as checking with local bank , and use that checking acccount regularly, file your tax return showing new address, new DL is off course almost a requirement, a rented palce with new telephone , have your mails received at new address, try to change address on your car, health insurence policies, become member of local associations. Have your credit cards statements received at new address.
This is what I can think of.

Any time your case is before the date mentioned in the website, you can call your congress-person to intervene. That's why the published date is important.

let's keep this thing going Columbus,Ohio

* sending the application papers today .

- April 14, 2005 - sending n-400 application papers

March 8th PD

We sent in our application on the 7th March and our PD is 8th as per the receipt notice.

ssosu

Columbus, OH DO

PD: Mar-08/05
FP: May-05/05
ID: Aug-09/05
OD: Aug-23/05

The interview was a breeze. Just took all the documents mentioned in the interview letter and nothing else. Interview lasted for 5 mins for both my wife and I. The officers looked at the passport, GC and driver's license - that's all.

I had a speeding ticket and the officer just brushed that aside. Apart from that ours was a straight forward one..

There was a small glitch - my wife was told that "a decision cannot yet be made at this time" at the end of the interview. However, we both got the Oath letter at the same time.

Thanks for all those who provided useful information.

Radni said:
I agree . Avoid Columbus or Cleveland in Ohio if you can. Try Cincinnati if it is workable for you. It is worth the effort.
I beg to differ. In Cleveland my interview last year was 7 months after filing. My wife recently had hers 6 months after she filed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dream_Chaser said:
thanks to SSOSU and CONFUSE2 for posting dates here.

I'm qualified to apply citizenship next month in DO Columbus, Ohio based on 5-year green card.

Can anybody else also share your dates here to help us new applicants(Ohio)?

That would enlighten us when in dark! You know how that feels, my friend. Thanks in advance!

Dream_Chaser
Sent N400 application on 8/5/05. Check cleared on 8/11/05
RD: 8/8/05
PD: 8/8/05
ND: 8/15/05
Notice received in mail on 8/18/05

Receipt mentioned missing evidence and asked me not to send the evidence by mail. Probably they are talking about the parking citations (I mentioned them in the app, though some people said they need not be mentioned). My DO is Cleveland.

We took our Oath today. It took us exactly 5 and a halh months from the day we applied (8 March) to the day we took Oath (23 August).

We were asked to be at the Courthouse at 8am. Initially we had to wait for 1 hr. Then the whole process started. There were 50 applicants representing 19 countries. When we finally collected our Naturalization Certificate it was 10.30am. Most of the time was spent waiting for one thing or another.

Thanks to all those who provided valuable information and good luck to those waiting for the naturalization process to be over.

thanks, SSOSU and MPOTTURI!

anybody else in Ohio had or is having the N-400 experience? Please share your info with us, it would help us new applicants. We all know it's bad feeling when kept waiting in dark... Thanks for sharing in advance.

FP appointment at ASC Columbus, OH

Does anyone know if they entertain FP in Columbus if you showed up before your appointment date? I saw few posts on this board where folks have successfully completed their FP well in advance of their appointed date. Does anyone have such experience in Columbus office? Appreciate your response.

What kind of the documents are listed in the interview letter?

ssosu said:
Columbus, OH DO

PD: Mar-08/05
FP: May-05/05
ID: Aug-09/05
OD: Aug-23/05

The interview was a breeze. Just took all the documents mentioned in the interview letter and nothing else. Interview lasted for 5 mins for both my wife and I. The officers looked at the passport, GC and driver's license - that's all.

I had a speeding ticket and the officer just brushed that aside. Apart from that ours was a straight forward one..

There was a small glitch - my wife was told that "a decision cannot yet be made at this time" at the end of the interview. However, we both got the Oath letter at the same time.

Thanks for all those who provided useful information.

hello

mpotturi said:
Sent N400 application on 8/5/05. Check cleared on 8/11/05
RD: 8/8/05
PD: 8/8/05
ND: 8/15/05
Notice received in mail on 8/18/05

Receipt mentioned missing evidence and asked me not to send the evidence by mail. Probably they are talking about the parking citations (I mentioned them in the app, though some people said they need not be mentioned). My DO is Cleveland.

Hello Mpotturi
i did I mentioned my citations, and i got the same thing (missing evidence ), NO worries, i do have copy of all the citations, and a copy the Payment.