NSC applicant from Chicago case transferred to California

RajanJohn

Registered Users (C)
My online status says that my case has been transferred to LOS ANGELES, CA for processing. Why would they transfer it to California when I live and work in Chicago. My company is based in Chicago and has no branches outside Illinois. It seems like I have just become another victim of NSC's numerous mistakes.

I spoke to a customer service rep at the new 800 number and she was not sure why it was transferred there and that I should write a letter to LA office of BCIS once I receive the official letter stating the transfer.

Anyone else have a similar experience please share.

ND - 6/10/02

I am in the same boat!

Hi,

My 485 case was transferred to Detroit. I live in Seattle. I did the following things:

I requested my attorney to send a letter to the office in detroit to transfer the case to Seattle. My Attorney sent the letter to Detroit office in June 17th. Detroit office said the trnsferred the case to Seattle on June 23. I will be going to the loca Settle office next Monday to check if they received the file.

On a weirder note, NSC transferred my wife's EAD renewal application to CSC after 90days. Dont know what to dp about this

Thanks King2378 for your reply. I did the same and my lawyer has faxed a letter to California and Nebraska.

Did your online status message change after your file was transferred to Seattle.

Thanks

This is Crazy!!!!!!!!

I wen to the Seattle office to check if they received the files from Detroit. The officer checked and informed that Detroit sent them to Washington DC by mistake. I dont know if any of these people study Geography in High school or not! Now My application has travelled through 3 Service centers(Nebarsaka, California, Vermont) when I was always in NSC jurisdiction only!!
Dont know what to do!

It is terrible to see how BCIS employees work. It might be better to contact your senator and have his or her office look into it. I emailed my senator's office and explained to them my situation. I will notify you if and when I hear back from his office.