NSC-485 Processing without Visa dates??

Lx95

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Did anyone notice this posting in AILA:

NSC Begins Processing Employment-Based I-485s for Which Visas Are Not Currently Available
This NSC News Flash provides information about processing Employment-Based I-485 (EB485) cases for which visas are not currently available. The processing of such cases begins 4/12/06.

If so, What are the contents of the posting?
I do not have membership there.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Lx95 said:
Dear Friends,

Did anyone notice this posting in AILA:

NSC Begins Processing Employment-Based I-485s for Which Visas Are Not Currently Available

If so, What are the contents of the posting?
I do not have membership there.

Thanks
I was supposed to ask when I saw this in aila.org. Not sure if they refer to "NSC Begins APPROVAL of Employment-Based I-485s for Which Visas Are Not Currently Available " . Cause it is obvious that processing of Employment-Based I-485s occur even when visas are not available. Main point is whether 485s are approved for Which Visas Are Not Currently Available .

Here is the details

Cite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 06041067 (posted Apr. 10, 2006)"

April 10, 2006

Adjudication of Employment Based Applications for Adjustment

In conjunction with Backlog Elimination efforts, on April 12, 2006, the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) will begin to process Employment-Based I-485 (EB485) cases for which visas are not currently available. These retrogressed EB485 cases will be processed in a normal fashion with officers reviewing applications for eligibility and processing the cases to the fullest extent possible up to the visa request stage. Officers may be required to issue a request for evidence (RFE) for some cases. Applicants will be expected to respond to the requests for evidence in a timely, accurate and complete fashion (as they normally do) to continue the processing of the case. Applicants that do not meet eligibility criteria, or do not respond to a request for evidence may be subject to a denial of their case. Applicants that meet eligibility criteria will have their cases forwarded to a visa staging area where the cases will be checked monthly for visa availability.

The intention of this "preadjudication" initiative is to prepare eligible cases to the greatest extent possible, short of approval, in anticipation of the availability of a visa. Security checks for these cases will be electronically maintained so it is imperative that applicants respond to both requests for evidence and/or fingerprinting appointments in a timely manner. When an eligible case is identified as having a visa available, the case will then progress through a final phase review and formal visa request to facilitate the final disposition. Please do not conduct inquiries on EB485 cases for which visas have recently become available (within the last 90 days).

Happyheart said:

April 10, 2006

In conjunction with Backlog Elimination efforts, on April 12, 2006, the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) will begin to process Employment-Based I-485 (EB485) cases for which visas are not currently available. These retrogressed EB485 cases will be processed in a normal fashion with officers reviewing applications for eligibility and processing the cases to the fullest extent possible up to the visa request stage. Officers may be required to issue a request for evidence (RFE) for some cases. Applicants will be expected to respond to the requests for evidence in a timely, accurate and complete fashion (as they normally do) to continue the processing of the case. Applicants that do not meet eligibility criteria, or do not respond to a request for evidence may be subject to a denial of their case. Applicants that meet eligibility criteria will have their cases forwarded to a visa staging area where the cases will be checked monthly for visa availability.

The intention of this "preadjudication" initiative is to prepare eligible cases to the greatest extent possible, short of approval, in anticipation of the availability of a visa. Security checks for these cases will be electronically maintained so it is imperative that applicants respond to both requests for evidence and/or fingerprinting appointments in a timely manner. When an eligible case is identified as having a visa available, the case will then progress through a final phase review and formal visa request to facilitate the final disposition. Please do not conduct inquiries on EB485 cases for which visas have recently become available (within the last 90 days).
Thank you. Sounds like normal process/procedure to me.

Does this mean that applicants who were not able to send their I-485 papers because of retrogression, can now do it?.. OR are they talking about only applications which have already been received by NSC before the retrogression hit?..

Anyone has inside information on this, please advise.

Happyheart said:

April 10, 2006

I think that they probably cleared the pending 485s for which visa numbers are available and are now moving their twiddling fingers to the pending 485s with no available visa numbers. Right now the official 485 processing time is about 6 mths. Unofficially I am hearing it is even faster sometimes.
I think this is a good thing overall since atleast once visa numbers are vailable it should expedite the processing.
I am not sure if there is anyway that those with pending 485s can find out whether their application has gone through this process. I am saying this since I feel this is one of those things that can assure a prospective applicant and encourage them to go on and use their EAD/AP.
Any views or insight on this?

Happyheart said:

April 10, 2006

Thanks Happyheart.

This thing we knew all along.
So, this confirms that they are not working on it before.
There might be no more pending 485s with those PDs, so they are
moving into unavailable PDs.
We can say for sure that there are very few people with PDs before
2001 for EB3, now practically there are none.
Sounds farce to me.
Why dont they move the dates forward and give GCs before the year ends
with lots of unused visas?

This thing we knew all along.
So, this confirms that they are not working on it before.
There might be no more pending 485s with those PDs, so they are
moving into unavailable PDs.

I do think NSC have made a quite big effort on this way. Over 90% of the 485 cases received in one day in May 2005 have been approved or asked for RFE or transfered---one word---processed, based on a statistics from ~200 continuous case numbers including 20 485 pendings. If you have time, you may check the case status to get some hints.

Anyway, recently it is quite applausive with NSC. Good luck to everyone.